Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

Triumph has just released the first official pictures of its hugely-anticipated all-new adventure bike – the ‘Tiger Explorer’. The newcomer has been expected for over a year. MCN published the first spy pictures of the bike in prototype form 12 months ago. But this is the first time the finished, production-ready machine has been shown. The c.1200cc, three-cylinder, shaft drive machine will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 23:27)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mase007

Dec 08

Mase007 says:

SatNavSteve

"...Don't think anyone would have stopped buying MCN because they didn't see an article about the XJR..." Why not? What's the difference? The only difference I can see is that you can read an article about an XJR today and go buy one tomorrow... You can't with this new Tiger. Makes me laugh, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've posted in a magazine/newspaper comments section, but I had to comment about the hypocrisy being spouted here... A few people are up in arms about an article that has been delayed by 1 week, 7 long... cold... horrible days... they are so incensed that they threaten to never buy this wretched newspaper again all the while insulting the journalists, yet here they are on said newspapers FREE website sucking up all the FREE information they can get their hands on. I suppose I'm going to have to go buy this weeks copy now to see what all the fuss was about! p.s. can someone lend me 2 quid?

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Mase007 Here Here!!!! , somebody said MCN isnt a factual read but a fun read??? i just dont get comments like that, so which of the motorcycling press is more factual than MCN? ?????? they all report on the same bikes at the same launches etc....

If they hadnt reported on Simo i bet the same people would have been slating mcn for not reporting on it, and as for profiteering, please , listen to yourselves, they sold the same paper for the same price this week as they did last week and the same price next week, as for the electric download, so what!!! there will be dvds and videos and books all about Simo, should all these people be tarred as profiteers just because they are offering us the chance to keep something as a hard copy???

MCN report on all things bike....end off...a great loss happened last weekend, i can wait for my new Triumph.

I was more than happy to open up this thread and discuss the new Tiger had the usual suspects not spoiled it with their dross...

Reply to this Topic
stevowarrior

Jun 06

stevowarrior says:

Calm Down!!!!!

Bye heck theres some heated comments been posted over dropping the new Triumph review. At the end of the day MCN were right to pay tribute to Marco and Mark P. has posted his explanation of events. The only lesson to be learned from all this is that the web site should have been kept up to date. Up to the day of publication the web site still indicated that the Triumph report would be in the tribute issue. Lets hope the lesson has been learned and forget the rest it is history.

Reply to this Topic
bensthejet

Oct 11

bensthejet says:

RIP Marco

MCN I would like to congratulate you on the articles included about Marco Simoncelli. The BBC who we all pay our licenses to did not even mention the tragedy on the 10 o clock news and they cover the sport. Disgusting! Oh they mentioned Man Utd getting spanked! The world has gone wrong. Marco was everything right about the world, exciting, controlled and from what people say, an all round great guy. Let's aim our complaints to the BBC.

Reply to this Topic
Poolhog

Nov 10

Poolhog says:

Whinging T@ssers.

Bike looks great, but the Tiger 800XC is amazing bike, not sure if id change it for this as in the real world the 800XC is amazing, maybe if an XC version of this came out i would. And as for you whinging t@ssers moaning about losing £2 FFS get a life, freaking tight ars£'s. You had to wait an extra week, for an article, you "pre booked" your MCN .... what a bunch of total t@ssers.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Mase007!

My only point was that the XJR has been around for years and the Triumph is brand new so we know next to nothing about it. Anyway, pop round and see me and I'll lend you £2! Threatening not to buy MCN because the article is not printed is a bit childish in my opinion.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices