Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi mourns ‘younger brother’ Marco Simoncelli MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi mourns ‘younger brother’ Marco Simoncelli

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi mourns ‘younger brother’ Marco Simoncelli

Grief-stricken Valentino Rossi has paid tribute to Marco Simoncelli after the nine-times world champion’s close friend died from multiple injuries sustained in yesterday’s Malaysian MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit. Rossi was caught up in the horrifying accident on the second lap when Simoncelli lost control of his San Carlo Gresini Honda machine at Turn 11. Simoncelli suddenly veered back onto the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 October 2011 09:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

A terrible tragedy

Rossi may struggle to come back from this. I guess we manage to get over things in time, but I only follow sic on tv and I'm feeling empty. All the best to his family and friends. Rip.

Reply to this Topic
duffmeister

Aug 11

duffmeister says:

simo

hope rossi shows how strong he is and has a good showing next race as rossi said that simo will be with him always ,so sad ya just cant take it in can ya .RIP MARCO .

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

tribute

I think the wealth of feeling that has been expressed over this tradgedy shows how bright Marco's light shone for all of us. I hope these tributes can in some small way help all those who feel his loss. It may have been an freak racing incident but Rossi will be taking it very hard, what a tragic way to lose a friend. I hope Rossi can come back from this. I would love to see Rossi take the #58 bike for a lap in honour of Marco, it should be there to finish the season, even if he can't.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I don't think riding his bike is ever an option but I said to my wife that if Rossi comes back next season it would be really nice to see him ride with Simo's race number, I might be wrong but I have a feeling. I lost my brother 11 years ago and know the pain and it is so painfull to deal with and don't expect Rossi to be back in Valencia and wouldn't begrudge him early retirement either. I'm the same as OCDCBR I only ever knew Simo through the tv but feel really low after this. Sad times for all his family, friends, MotoGP paddock and race fans.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

Simo was Italy's only hope for another wold champ,he was a likeable character that had the talent to back up his personality,he ws who he wanted to be, and wouldn't let anyone stop him, not even lorenzo =)

Rossi has been in motogp long enough to know the risks.

Yeah it will hit him harder than anyonelese but he wont retire,if anything it will make him more determined,i wouldn't be surprised if rossi left ducati and raced for gresini using simonchelli's number.....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Sad times...I wish we could turn back time

After getting up Sunday to finding out one of the best guys in motorcycle racing had died basically makes you see the light. I don't and wouldn't blame Rossi for retiring or coming back or whatever he does. After a disaster of a year for this to happen as well must open your eyes to how lucky it is to win so much and not be seriously hurt. It could've been anyone. I have serious doubts about Valenica as it would be held under a very dark cloud indeed.

All I will say is I cannot stop thinking about this accident and that it is probably the last straw for this season. I certainly hope it doesn't happen again in my lifetime. So in respect of Sic  and in light of the events of this weekend I am going to make this my last post. Rest in peace Marco #58.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Rossi Retiring...

Davide Brivio has already said on twitter that "Many are asking about Vale stopping races.  This not absolutely true and I'm sorry even that I have to explain it..."  Which I think he was going for "This is absolutely not true".

It would be a great tribute to Marco if Vale could do at least one lap on Marco's Honda but all the commerical implications involved is probably going to stop that before it is even seriously considered.  However, I would love to be proved wrong.

Same could be said for a switch to Gresini (still under contract to Ducati for 2012) and I'm not sure that the likes of Dani et al would want to see the GOAT on the best bike in the paddock as look what happened last time...

Best case would be that Vale can make it onto the podium, run a special paint job on his Ducati and use one of Marco's crash helmets.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

Rossi could leave ducati, he has a  'getout clause' in his contract for year 2.

so it is possible we could see him at gresini, would be great for him to win a world title and dedicate it to marco.....can you have a 4 digit race number?  4658 would be great.

Marco didnt like to see rossi strugling, and he wanted him to be on equal terms, so they could battle,unortunatley we will never get to see a proper, rossi vs simo battle, =(

i have a feeling that simoncelli would rather let rossi have his bike than see it go to waste, after all they were close friends....

RIP Marco

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

@rossidukebiker46

amen mate. amen. This kicks all the petty sniping and arguments we have on here into touch well and truely.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Can't imagine..

How Rossi and Edwards are fealing right now! I know it is easy for me to say but i really hope they do not beat themselves up over this for too long as there was nothing they could have done to avoid the collision.. My thoughts are with them both in these difficult times!

Lets all hope that all riders come out for the last race of the season and do Super Sic proud! You know that is how he would have wanted it to be!

RIP Super Sic... Gunna miss ya!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices