Skip to content

Discuss This Honda Integra promises low running costs New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda Integra promises low running costs

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Honda Integra promises low running costs

Honda has just released full details on the new dual-clutch Integra maxi-scooter including a claimed 76mpg fuel consumption figure (250 mile tank range) and reduced service costs with an 8000 mile service limit with spark plug replacement at 32,000 miles. The Integra is the first of a proposed three-model line-up (the other two will likely be a naked roadster and Crossrunner-like...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 October 2011 14:22)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

It's just..

dreadfull.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

I think it looks like a promising scooter for its purpose, styling looks alright I think, looks better when there's someone on it.

I can see how it'd put a lot off though, a risky one from honda

Reply to this Topic
charles1976

Oct 11

charles1976 says:

auto licence

Does anyone happen to know if this bike can be ridden on an auto licence? thanks

Reply to this Topic
baytriple

Sep 11

baytriple says:

Heavy!!!

Kerb Weight: 238kg Wow that is a heavy beastie!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Nope!

Another nail in Honda's coffin!! Looks like the little dinosaur in Jurassic Park that fanned its neck out. Probably as much fun to be with! Weight doesn't seem to be a consideration with Honda any more. If the DN-01 was 10 grand, how much will this be?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

and another thing. . . . .

A 14.1 litre tank and 76mpg gives a range of 236 miles, not 250, and thats if you run it dry, which you wouldn't. Back to the drawing board!!!

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Price & could be better

Needs to be significantly cheaper than a Deauville.

CVT would be better than pushbutton Nintendomatic.

Belt or shaft final drive would be better than chain.

14" rear tyre would allow more storage and be better than a 17".

20 litre tank would be better than 14litre.

190kg would be better than 238kg.

Can't see it being a big seller.

Personally I would prefer a Silverwing 600.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Good but flawed thinking

I like the way Honda is thinking at the moment just not entirely convinced with the product of their thoughts... mpg is important but this scooter is too heavy and might not be powerful enough. The naked will have to be much lighter too sell but even then they need to boost its power to be compettitive with the F800. A bike that is on sale now and averages more than 65 in normal commuting... I also agree with the comment on range and chaindrives. More rNge and belt drive is the way too go.

Reply to this Topic
ramparts

Nov 05

ramparts says:

integrally dull

Is it me or does the Integra beastie look a wee bit like a Deaville? By that I don`t mean is it me who looks like a Deaville.  A devil maybe.  I think the Deaville is unnecessarily bland and I think it`s contagious.

I like the whole idea of this but why not enclose the chain? As I've mentioned in another post,  I`ve owned an MZ 251, which had an enclosed chain and that was nay bother.  My old C90s were the same. And I'm pretty confident that a belt could cope with the conservative 51bhp, as it does on my mates Harley and that weighs more than a bus.  He comes a close second mind you.

The weight comes from all the panelling no doubt and the reluctance to use aluminium frames on scooters.  Does anyone know why that is, apart from cost?

The tank size isn`t too bad, given the economy figures.  150 miles before having to worry about the next garage isn`t too restrictive.

8000 mile service interval is nice.  I've never understood why manufacturers quote such short oil change intervals for scooter engines, as they are always lightly-tuned and don`t share the engine oil with the gearbox, as it`s a dry variator affair.  This means they could have long oil change intervals like cars.

Anyway, if the price is right, which it won`t be, and Honda offer 3 years warranty, which they won`t and my local Honda dealer offers me £3000 part-ex on my Fazer, which they won`t, I'll definitely buy one.  Perhaps. :)

Reply to this Topic
ExFlyer

Oct 03

ExFlyer says:

"Kerb Weight: 238kg Wow that is a heavy beastie!"

Remember that is kerb weight, not dry weight. It includes a full tank of fuel, coolant & lubricants, probably getting on for 20kg the lot.

I ilke the whole concept a lot, and the fact is Honda are describing the engine/transmission as a 'world engine' would indicate the they are expecting to recoup their investment over a large sales volume, and they won't get that if its too expensive.. The pure bike version would suit me just fine. Lighter, probably cheaper (fewer expensive plastic bits) and with a more 'normal' riding position.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices