Skip to content

Discuss This Over 50,000 fans expected to attend Marco Simoncelli’s funeral MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Over 50,000 fans expected to attend Marco Simoncelli’s funeral

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Over 50,000 fans expected to attend Marco Simoncelli’s funeral

Marco Simoncelli’s funeral will take place in Italy tomorrow (Thursday) with more than 50,000 fans expected to attend. Italy has been a nation united in grief since the popular 24-year-old died from multiple injuries sustained in a second lap incident during Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang. Simoncelli lost control of his Honda RC212V machine at Turn 11 and was struck by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 October 2011 17:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostro and aquarius

You 2 just cant help weighing in with your jumped up egos.

Reply to this Topic
lickers

Oct 11

lickers says:

Aquarius

Could you explain what gives you the right and power to categorise who is who on the MCN forums?

You know nothing about them in person so are in effect creating a relationship that is 5% reality and 95% artificial and then basing your opinions of others on this. You may know one, two or more in person but does this really give you the ability to categorise in such a manner? I would imagine not.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Don't feed the Trolls

You have to understand that Nostrodamus and Aquarius see this forum as a form of entertainment. They are feeling left out because something has come along and put every normal person in a sombre mood, which has prevented these guys from being able to argue and be rude to everybody, and so taken the spotlight off of them.

Undeterred they've managed to get the spotlight back on themselves with deeply arrogant and unecessary comments. Draw you own conclusions as to the type of people they are.

Best thing is to completely ignore them and starve them of the attention they so clearly crave.

Reply to this Topic
ednamode

Oct 11

ednamode says:

Aquarius and imaginary friends?

I am perplexed by Aquarius's psychological arguments...Mainly because it is getting very far fetched and almost dramatic.

The percentages calculations of the mental state of the readership of MCN put forward  by Aquarius are impressive but  reading though the messages i do not see anybody here claiming they have a subliminal relationship with the deceased nor that they 'knew' him in any capacity ?

Aquarius is describing in his analysis behaviours very similar to that of demented stalkers. Who is getting carried away there?

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

It really is pathetic

and Aquarius really does understand.

I come on here because I am a motorcycle enthusiast.  I like to discuss all things motorcycle, sport and product.

Too many others on MCN truly do spend their time on here for the sole purpose of seeing their posts in print for the world to see, seeking social acceptance of their fake internet friends (just like fackbook) and seeking self gratification if they should somehow win an internet arguement.  It feeds their social outcast egos and validates thir existence.  If it wasn't true, you guys would spend so much time on here.  90% of the posts on here are from the same bunch throwing insults at each other all day long.  10% is on topic.

Yeah, I'm on here too.  Only to get the latest news and occasionally comment on it though.  Can't say that I've ever entered into a meaningful discussion about something on MCN.  It just isn't possible with the majority of people on here.

As for the "offended" people, grow up and come back to the real world.  Not a single one of you know Marco beyond what you see on the tele and read in the news.  This much information does not mean you have a special relationship with him.  For all those that have sopped, you can officially go back to eating, sleeping and participating in life.

Feel bad for the guy and his family but nothing more.  Save true greving for your family and other loved ones who you actually know deep inside.

Funerals are for family and friends only.  Turning a funeral service into a freak show for voyeurs who get off of seeing dead people, people who just are desperate to be seen in a large public gathering or people who want some kind of social attention from others of the same desperation is just unacceptable and disrespectful.  And if the family thinks it's ok to hold a service like that, there's something wrong with them too.  They're doing it for selfish and egotistical reasons so they can validate themselves.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Marco

Yes this was about marco simoncelli. Aquarius, nostro et al, get over yourselves. Aq ESP,I and no doubt many others will no longer lower ourselves to reading your tiresome self righteous posts. Witnessing a young man die so tragically is a painfull experience. Rip marco.

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

@ glider

"Not a single one of you know Marco beyond what you see on the tele and read in the news."!!!!!!?

il mio amico--forse dovreste pensare appena prima di voi scrivete e premete il tasto di invio--era un amico mio----ed ero ieri là

Reply to this Topic
yamman46

Apr 11

yamman46 says:

Marco "sic" Simoncelli

I just find it unbelievable that my 3 favourite riders were involved in this horrible incident. Id just like to say that as a true motogp fan how sorry I feel and how my heart goes out to Marco's family and friends. For me life goes on but I will always think of marco and how he set the motogp paddock alive with his fantastic riding. You will be sadely missed Marco. R I P 58.

Reply to this Topic
yamman46

Apr 11

yamman46 says:

@ glider

Everyone has their own oppinions but Marco was known all over the world, motorcyclists all over loved him ( hell my wife loved him more than me)  His family appreciate this and I believe it is nice of them to allow them to his funeral....They just want to say goodbye...and i think by watching him on the tv like you said is enough for some of us to appreciate Marco and come to love the guy like we do.....Some oppinions are best left kept tp yourself on theses occasions....don't you think?

Reply to this Topic
yamman46

Apr 11

yamman46 says:

formancu

I appreciated your comment and would like to say.. SPERO yeaterday andò così come possibile e spero che tutti voi vi tenete forte

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle