Skip to content

Discuss This Over 50,000 fans expected to attend Marco Simoncelli’s funeral MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Over 50,000 fans expected to attend Marco Simoncelli’s funeral

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Over 50,000 fans expected to attend Marco Simoncelli’s funeral

Marco Simoncelli’s funeral will take place in Italy tomorrow (Thursday) with more than 50,000 fans expected to attend. Italy has been a nation united in grief since the popular 24-year-old died from multiple injuries sustained in a second lap incident during Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang. Simoncelli lost control of his Honda RC212V machine at Turn 11 and was struck by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 October 2011 17:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

@yamman

Grazie il mio amico

Reply to this Topic
yamman46

Apr 11

yamman46 says:

formancu

La vostra accoglienza.. mettetevi buddy

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Aquarius

Given your low opinion of (was it) 95% of the posters on here, your superior (by a large margin) intelligence, your wonderful ability with latin and your fondness for the larger words , it does rather beg the question why you spend so much time posting on this trashy forum. 

Is to educate us poor souls? 

I don`t bother with this forum much these days because like you I also find some of the the residents a bit too low brow....even for me. 
Unlike you though I would rather bow out and leave them to it than just keep coming on to show how bloody clever I am.

Just leave people alone will you? They`re not hurting you, so just keep yer trap shut, or whatever the hell the latin is for that. 

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

GET A LIFE

Some of you guys need to get out and destroy a couple of sets of tryes sometime instead of sitting in doors arguing tit for tat  school girl I said , she said  rubbish about who,s right  and who,s wrong and who understands latin etc. Super Sic has gone under the most unfornuate circumstances, and I can Imagine plenty of people want to cellerbrate his life. Just like they did when JOEY died.  R.I.P #58

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

RIP Marco

A tragic loss.My thoughts are with his family,loved ones & to his fans.He will be missed by all.

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

Regarding Nostrodamus and Aquarius...

Try not to rise to it guys. They post stuff like this on loads of other forums and it is viewed with just as much contempt there too. They love it, it makes them the centre of attention. Let them have their fun. Their bulging thesauruses makes them feel their opinion is more valid than someone more grounded with a simpler language.

They are both full of shit. Pity them, cos this is all they have.

RIP marco #58

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Saddened

We grieve for Supersic because we were emotionally invested in him just as we are with the other riders and drivers who do what we can only imagine doing ourselves. We can try and emulate these heroes of ours with replica equipment and track days. Some of us have experienced racing be it on a track or the rather more dangerous environment of the road but none of us have done so at the World level. That is something that is so far beyond our meagre talents as to be alien to us all. We feel empathy for Maroc's family and friends because we too have lost loved ones too soon in life. The outpouring of emotion we have read from fellow fans across the world are not some media induced Princess Diana-like scene but real. It is real because we all risk our lives each time we set off on our bikes and if we're honest that's part of why we do ride. The risks make us feel more alive. It is real because we care about these heroes of ours. When our favourite rider wins we are lifted and when they dnf we are saddened. Even though his body has gone his memory lives on with us and his spirit lives on in the next life. I know this to be true as I have personal experience of the next life as I'm sure a great many others here have. I hope you all have long and happy lives.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

1050cc & others...

I ONLY post on this forum. If there is someone else with the same pseudonym (hey guys - that's a "pretend" name, OK?) on other sites, it is absolutely nothing do with me. So much for the "alleged" attention-seeking. I can’t speak for my Kiwi compatriot, Nostradamus – you’ll have to accuse him directly of the same thing. In my personal case this allegation was “assumed & baseless” and simply untrue.

Oh, don't worry that I have escaped censure for some "imagined sin and giving offence"  without supposed "punishment" from the Almighty or some other deity - or even some nutter & fruit loop from MCN for simply passing-on the evaluations and observations of psychiatrists and psychologists on "celebrity worship and death reactions". So much for MY - i.e. Aquarius' theories. Not mine at all chaps - what experts say - which I merely re-produced for your delicate little sensibilities and greater self-awareness ...

So, I have already roundly been abused because of my "Nationality" (WTF is this to do with anything?) and - I'm not too sure what else it was, exactly - because the "messages" were so peppered with 4 x letter words starting with "C" and suggesting I have sexual relations with marine molluscs and other skeletal marine life, like Scampi - that I couldn't make head nor tail of them? These bargain basement & very deep observations were from some flake that appears to truly believe that Marco Simoncelli is, or more correctly "was":
"A rising star - That shone brightly, high in the sky in the world of moto gp, a star that was destined for even higher heights! Your warm glow filled the paddock and the brigtness (sic - again, that just means the spelling was "verbatim" or as received and NOT some nickname either) you brought to moto gp was seen and felt by family, friends and all of your fans! You will be deeply missed by the whole world! Keep shining Marco x"

May I suggest to you geniuses that STILL don't get it - this twinkling wee star and metaphysical "construct" fits exactly the "delusional mental state "of the socially-deprived and sad fuckwits that went overboard on the other "celebrities" mentioned originally. Again - I remind you this is NOT my opinion - just my faithfully passing-on some helpful information to explain this weird phenomenon.

Aren’t we all glad we got that sorted-out? This is the 4th attempt to explain but, shit a brick - there are so very many "slow learners" here. I see poor, bitter & twisted SM is still around and spewing criticism and wankerisms from the safety of his anonymous, well camouflaged nuclear shelter and survivalist bunker in Lesser Spotted Dawking or East Cheem or wherever. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Very well said

1050cc.

Reply to this Topic
spindizzy

Aug 02

spindizzy says:

MCN extra profits from all this?

I'm hope they're donating any extra revenuse from sales and advertising revenue from all this extra attention to an appropriate charity.

It would be reprehensible to profit from Simoncelli's passing...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices