You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > YBR 125 tickover

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

roywilson

May 09

roywilson says:

YBR 125 tickover

Problem with my 2005 Yamaha YBR 125 carb type.  Bought it privately few weeks ago, it didn’t tick over very well then but thought it just needed a good service.

It starts ok but after warmed up and ready, if the revs are picked up then throttle off it tends to drop to about 3,000rpm for a few seconds then slowly down to a tick over around 1500rpm. If the throttle stop screw is turned out any more it cuts out during tick over.

The carb,  jets and air filter have been cleaned out, pilot air screw adjusted to 11/2 turns out, throttle cable adjusted ok and throttle valve sits down after closing the throttle grip. So all looks fine but not happy that revs don’t drop straight down as they should.

Would appreciate any advise,

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 October 2011 20:58)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

is not a sticky throttle cable? or maybe the throttle grip catching on the bar end?? I had that once on an SV650.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

revs

It could be the fuel level too high in the float bowl or the throttle slide sticking as robsot says.Why should the tickover be 1500rpm? 

Reply to this Topic
skikman

Nov 09

skikman says:

revs

funny enough i had an yam sr 125 that did the same.striped and cleaned the carb a billion times.turned out to be a bad ht lead that was leaking spark.changed it and it was ok.worth a look anyway:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
roywilson

May 09

roywilson says:

YBR 125 tickover

Thanks for the information.

I have checked throttle cable, grip and throttle slide. The throttle slide runs free, dropping right down to stop at all times.

Have adjusted float level as manual but will re-check. The manual states tick-over 1300 to 1500rpm so assume correct.

Will renew the HT lead just in-case.

The thing is.....after the bike has been running for a while, fully warmed up, the throttle response and tick-over are fine. Very puzzeled.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices