Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP mourns Marco Simoncelli at Italian star’s funeral General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MotoGP mourns Marco Simoncelli at Italian star’s funeral

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP mourns Marco Simoncelli at Italian star’s funeral

MotoGP stars past and present have attended the funeral of Italian star Marco Simoncelli, who died from injuries sustained in last weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang. Valentino Rossi, Loris Capirossi, Jorge Lorenzo, Andrea Dovizioso, Hiroshi Aoyama, Mattia Pasini and Raffaele de Rosa all attended the service at the church of Santa Maria Assunta in Coriano today. Italian legend Giacomo Agostini was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 October 2011 16:26)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Dress

Just a note on the dress.... I live in Spain, and here like other places on the continent, there is not the same emphasis on formality that there is in England. Jeans and Sweatshirts/hoodies are seen at lots of events that we would normally wear suits at and be on our best behaviour. Funerals celebrate the life more there than the death as they tend to in UK ;) Hence Marco's dad in sweatshirt and jeans too.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

The way you dress does not always convey the respect you feel. Marco always seemed a relaxed sort of fella; I'm sure he wouldn't take issue. The biggest clue in why people attended is in the word itself - they attended to show their RESPECT for a fellow racer, friend, loved one - whatever their reason, they certainly showed that. I must also pass comment on the fact that there was a minute's silence today at the F1 race in India, which included a tribute to Marco. That shows what a huge impact this young gent had on people.

Much love to Marco's family; he will be very sorely missed.

Reply to this Topic
montecassino2005

Mar 11

Marco Simoncelli

I cannot believe how i felt when i heard the news of Marco's death. He was certainly a larger than life character who was one of my favourite riders.

He brought Moto GP to life and was capable of taking on any of the top riders, he was definatley a champion in the making.

Although he came in for critisim earlier this year for his overtaking techniques i enjoyed the performances he gave and he was learning Moto GP, but just as importantly he was a rider in the old mould, not afraid to brush fairings and leathers, to quote another famous racer (four wheeled type) if you see a gap and do not go for it you are no longer a racer, Marco was, RIP big fella.

Reply to this Topic
andyp918

Sep 08

andyp918 says:

long live #58

I would just like to say that the untimely and unfortunate death of Marco Simoncelli has hit me quite hard, like i am sure it's hit nearly everyone involved in biking hard too ? Shows how important Marco was to everyone who rides.

My thoughts also go to Colin Edwards and Vale in this terrible time.

All my thoughts and condolences to his family and friends.

Also please spare a thought to Dave Wells who was killed at Mallory Park yesterday.

Reply to this Topic
H2pots

Jan 09

H2pots says:

RIP Marco

still shocked, feels like we've lost a mate. Big man, big talent, big loss.... Motogp is a duller place now. RIP Marco

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

To andyp918, thanks for the reminder that tragedy can strike close to home. Condolences to Dave Well's family; your sorrow is no less than those of others and must not be treated any differently.

With respect.

Reply to this Topic
KingWasp

Jan 10

KingWasp says:

Still gutted...

Riding to work and thinking of Marco. Love and respect little brother.RIP

KW

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy