Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

peter rabbit

Nov 02

peter rabbit says:

the hill

over the hill??

I sold my bike nearly a year ago. I thought I would be like a conjoined twin suddenly flying solo; having had or been around bikes most of my life.

But no. I see my BLJ hanging in the garage, waterproofs neatly folded next to helmet - clean & bug free. just as I left them, nearly a year ago.

Never once have I put on the BLJ and pretended.

But now I think, should I? winter approaches - good time to buy.

I sold my last bike because I didnt use it and it was a depreciating asset in the garage.

What can I get get for circa £1500 that makes me want to ride?

Or Am I just over the hill?

Wab

:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 October 2011 23:57)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

You are all

half right...IF you can get an old SUZUKI two stroke, you should be ok. When they are right, they tend to stay right.

I bought my last one in March, sold it in July, had a hoot, and made money!

And Oldish, did you see the comment about using pre-mix instead of the oild tank-what a wanker. No wonder they were unrelaible with tossers like that around!

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

what I meant was.....

if Peter has lost is will to kit up and ride, a 1500 hundred quid middle weight runner isn't going to get him back on the road......but an old stroker that needs TLC ,might just be what he needs to at least get him into the garage and start taking an interest in bikes again.....Just treat it like a very large model kit.Take it all to bits,fettle it  and fit it all together again, over winter....If you're lucky it may even get you out and about a bit.

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Oldish

did you get out today.I sort have run out of time:upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

No...

otherwise occupied in the allotments, building a wood store....been a cracking day tho' has'nt it?Another day when I haven't had to put the gas fire on for the shiverer's...up yours npower.:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

wab

if ur over the hill mate there's no hope for me lol

get yourself back out there and enjoy - got myself back on a bike for the first time in years and i have to admit i've missed it! Having a few teething problems but nothing that wont be sorted like getting used to keeping her upright. yup i've dropped her :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
peter rabbit

Nov 02

peter rabbit says:

thanks

for your concern guys n gals. GT380 memory lane or what?

Why not go the full distance and pick up a ratty KH750 or 500? ...

Reply to this Topic
DonnieBenDonnie

Dec 10

No suggestions

but that Harley Davidson Sportster has been around for some time. They keep bringing changes to the models and engines. And look here, when you down size it'll be light enough weight so it'd not be throwing you around, yet easy enough to handle and not so hefty. Stick with what you know man, someone has always said. Here the HD has been around awhile just like Ford. I'd wanta be on the road and out of there and in the wind, Man! The road is your friend. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices