Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Fair Fuel UK Campaign

Parliament is not listening to you.  
We need you to send an email to your MP. Here is why and instructions on how to do so.
During the summer, we lodged a petition on the Governments own ePetition site about the need to cut fuel duty.  This was on the understanding that reaching 100,000 signatures would trigger a Parliamentary debate on this key issue.  With the help of our tens of thousands of supporters like yourself, we collected the 100,000 signatures in just over 8 weeks, actually hitting the 100,000 target on 30th September 2011.

Since that time, we have attended two meetings of the Back Bench Business Committee of the House of Commons which decides on what should be debated and when.

This Committee are now saying that they do not have enough time to allocate for the debate on this, the most vital of national issues.  They say that the Government has notgiven them the time.

HOWEVER, we get the impression that the Government are saying that there is enough time.  We now believe that our campaign is being pushed ‘from pillar to post’.  This leaves the 100,000 and more signees to the petition, all our other supporters, and the millions or struggling families and businesses across Britain without the debate that they were lead to believe would happen!

We need your help to make the Government understand that people are desperately struggling with the crisis of high petrol & diesel prices.  Families are really struggling.  Businesses are collapsing.  The Government is missing the fact that cutting fuel duty would actually help them as it would lead to more jobs, more growth and higher tax receipts across the economy.

This situation is outrageous and unacceptable. Please click on the link below and you will be able send an email directly to your MP. Simply enter your postcode and follow the instructions. Your MP will be highlighted and a draft email/letter we have prepared is there for you to edit as you so wish. You can simply change the sample email/letter shown to your own style and content or just click to send.

http://action.fairfueluk.com/debate

We are not giving up on this fight for common sense..

Best wishes

The FairFuel UK Campaign team

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 October 2011 10:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Public transport

Why is public transport referred to as if it were a cheaper alternative?  It most certainly is not!

Catching the bus from my house to town (5 miles away) costs about £4.50 return.   Going with the misses, that's £9.00 .   The same on the bike (or my old diesel Astra) would be about £1.30 or so.

The train is no cheaper.   A trip to London would be about £150 for the two of us, or £50 in the car max. 

It's all very well to wag a finger and tell people "go green" by taking the bus, but let's not pretend it's economical to do so - in every other country in the world it might well be, but not in a country as totally facked up as this one. 

Oh yeah, besides charging enormous fares, these 'public transport' companies also take vast amounts of taxpayer money, so their executive boards and shareholders can be well rewarded for providing a shite-awful service.

Reply to this Topic
slower

Mar 10

slower says:

Going Green

Yeah I'll start to take it seriously, and find greener more economical means of transportation the day I see the Priminister using the train for work, and the Queen turning up for a state function in a Toyota f**king Yaris. Until then they can shove their moral lecturing up their hypocritical arses

:mad:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Remember the fuel strike?

We soon lost interest when we couldn't buy any fuel to travel to work or hospital appointments or even because shops ran out of bread.

It seemed like a good plan until we all realised how inconvenient it was and the price didn't come down either.

Did we care? Hell, no. We were just grateful to get filled up again. :shock:

Reply to this Topic
hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Just got this mail from FFC

Great news for all FairFuelUK Campaign Supporters
Assuming there are no issues with any unforeseen Government's priorities, we have just been notified that there will be "the FairFuelUK debate" in the House of Commons on Tuesday November 15th. This is fantastic news.

The Campaign team wishes to thank Natascha Engel MP, Chair of the Back Bench Business Committee, who schedules Government allocated time to such important issues for debate. She has responded very quickly to the intense pressure the campaign and its supporters has put onto all MPs and her Committee in the last few days.

We wish to thank the 100,000 FairFuelUK ePetitioners, our 200,000 FairFuelUK website followers and the 11,000 supporters who rallied to email their local MPs over the last weekend. Without this pressure, we may have not got the debate. A BIG BIG THANK YOU.

Many thanks too, to Robert Halfon MP and his team for driving through the ePetition and the motion to be debated through the Back Bench Business Committee process. This was not an easy task.

Of course this is just the next stage in the Campaign for lower fuel duty and prices. There is still a long battle ahead. SO, please lobby your MP to attend this debate. We do not wish to see any empty seats in the House on this momentous FairFuelUK day.

Best wishes

The FairFuelUK Campaign team
The RAC, FTA and RHA

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Good News

That's more like it. 'll be asking my MP to attend.

Reply to this Topic
hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Now you can all ask you MP's to be there

Just got this mail!

Dear FairFuelUK Supporter
Thanks to you, we have at last secured a debate in the House of Commons on the need for lower fuel duty and lower petrol and diesel prices.  It was a struggle, but with the help of our fantastic supporters we got there!

It’s vital that as many MPs as possible attend the debate. Thats where you come in. Please help us by emailing or writing to your MP explaining how important this issue is to you, your family and/or your business.  The debate falls on Tuesday 15th November, just before Parliament breaks for a short while.  An empty chamber on the day would be a set back for our campaign.

We believe that the petrol and diesel price scandal is now a national crisis.  We need to do all we can to make sure our politicians fully grasp the scale of this problem.

Here is the important link where you type in your postcode and identify your local MP, then follow the instructions to send an email straight into their inbox. It is simple to do and you can edit and add your own content that will make your letter/email even more personal. 

http://action.fairfueluk.com/debateNov15 

Thanks again for all your support in the fight for lower petrol and diesel prices

Very kind regards

Quentin Willson, Peter Carroll, Lynne Beaumont, Howard Cox
The RAC, FTA and RHA

www.fairfueluk.com

Reply to this Topic
hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Mail update

Today the 15th you will see the FairFuelUK Campaign Team interviewed on BBC, ITV, Sky, Radio 5, 4 and many local Radio Stations. This is because FairFuelUK goes to the the floor of the House of Commons for the MPs debate about lower fuel prices.

Early indications show that the Government has listened to some extent. We will know more early evening following the debate.

Many of the Newspapers have already predicted based on the FairFuelUK Campaign's efforts so far that the Govt is prepared to scrap the next fuel duty rise.

However whilst this is a welcome response, it remains just one of our core objectives, the main one of course is to see a significant cut in fuel duty in order to get the economy growing again.

SO please continue to get all your friends and colleagues to sign up and support www.fairfueluk.com. Battles may be won but the war for common sense goes on.

Thanks for your support

Very kind regards

Quentin Willson, Peter Carroll, Lynne Beaumont, Howard Cox
The RAC, FTA and RHA

Reply to this Topic
bikergrrl

Nov 11

bikergrrl says:

Public Transport

Is that a joke?! :lol:

Trains are ridiculously expensive. For me to get from my home town to the city next door (20 min Journey) where my family live, costs me the better part of £5 every time I want to go. The train station is at least half an hours walk from me and the trains are always late.

Buses cost even more than trains, they take longer and the main bus staition is even further away than the train station. If I catch a bus rather than walk it, it costs me £4.30 one way, just to get to the town centre (Less than 3 miles away). :mad: and the buses are always dirty.

Did I mention I have an injured knee from and accident 4 years ago, so I can't always walk that far in one go.

If I ride my bike however it's cheaper, quicker and I can come and go as I please, oh and I don't have to walk half an hour to get to my bike :biggrin: to be fair though, it's cheaper in the boyfriend's V8 landrover.

Public transport sucks :hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
wynner

Jan 04

wynner says:

Fair fuel

It's not just about the cost to fill your tank, it's all the goods we buy that are all delivered by road and transport costs will have to rise. Obviously everything we buy will be more expensive, and guess what?

The government will also rake in more VAT, etc on the goods sold.

Then , despite promises to cut back, they waste most of what they stole off us!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

End of rant!

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

Hmmmm

Problem is i work 30 miles away from where i live and now spend a third of my wages on fuel...hav an 02 reg focus that sups juice for fun but cant save up or get another due to spending so much! There's no way of getting directly from colne to chorley so im caught between a rock and a hard place! The joys of the nhs jobs freeze means there's no jobs nearer to home so i'm stuck lol! If there were changing rooms or if i felt i wouldnt get knocked off on the way to work i'd use my bike but not a chance on the m65 or m61 as they're bad enough in a cage! Shame i dont get a milage allowance as well but hey ho im not a nurse for the money...

It just seems like i'm paying over and over again....tax out of my wages, duty on fuel, paying for parking at work and paying for a pension i probably wont get peeves me off....

Rant over but ffs lol

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices