Skip to content

Ask an Expert lexmoto 125 arrow stalling in rain. Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > lexmoto 125 arrow stalling in rain.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

spookketts

Oct 11

spookketts says:

lexmoto 125 arrow stalling in rain.

i got a lexmoto 125 arrow from scooter central ( i would NOT recomend them.. it took 4 months to get a owner's manual, i then found out how i'm suposed to run it in. ). it's work great for the 1st year (little teathing problems) but 1 month out of waranty it was raining one day and it just cut out (i was doing about 40mph at the time) next day it carried on as if nothing had happened.

people i have spoken to say rain water is getting in at the spark plug so armed with some petrolium jelly i thought that this was sorted.

but the other day it happened again. i had my farther-in-law   visiting at the time (car machanic) who looked at it while it was playing up. he says the engine and sparke plug is too dry for this.

i'm a former auto electrian so am not brain dead in this area but this is doing my head in. there's nothing ovious. i need my bike for work.

when it happens i can get it to start after about 5min of kick it over, but it only lasts about 600 meters i then coast and start kicking again.

has any1 else had this problem... if so do you know what i can do to correct the problem (we can't aford another bike)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 October 2011 13:49)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jimmywiz

Oct 11

jimmywiz says:

True James600zx

True James600zx  and i could be completely wrong and they are a pice of crap when i get it, but from what i have seen they are AMAZING 125cc's

Reply to this Topic
davi82a

Jul 11

davi82a says:

stalling in the rain

Hi, I had a similar problem with my old RS125. What I found was you have 2 spray spark plug, ignition coil and all electrics open to the elements with WD40 prior to riding in the rain. Hope this helps.

cheers, Dave

Reply to this Topic
spookketts

Oct 11

spookketts says:

maybe happy days

i found the other day that an auxilary socket under the seat was well water damaged. i've cleaned it and bagged it up.

i know it's only an auxilary socket but for the 1st time the other day it got me to work when it was chucking it down.

if this is the case i hope this helps with any1 else with similair problems.

maybe the electrics are so tight to same money that this is enough to take out the ignition curcuit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle