You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > gtr1400

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bigdan1970

Aug 09

bigdan1970 says:

gtr1400

hi guys, been on a k4 gsxr 1000 for the past 2 years, was running with diablo's, then the last set i changed to dunlop sport smarts and couldnt believe the extra grip and the amount of feel and feedback.

now as my wife wants to travel further afield we a changing to a gtr1400, any body got any advice or experience on which tyres i can fit to get the most grip and feel, not really worried about tyre life

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 October 2011 21:02)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

tyres

You`ve answered your own question:unsure: sports tyres are soft and sports/touring tyres are soft at the rear two up.You should be worried about tyre life if the boss wants to travel further.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Mileage

Wear seems to vary quite a bit from rider to rider, so if you're generally a lighter user of tyres, you might as well continue with the SportSmarts.

However, if you're not and yoo were doing a 2000+ tour around Europe, you might need to go to a sports/tourer tyre, like the RoadSmart of Michelin Pilot Road.

A middle ground might be the new Diablo Rosso II

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Avon Storm Ultra 2

I've got them on my ZX12R. they seem pretty good. Done 5K on the front and still over 2 mm of tread left. Rear has done 3K and has 5mm left on it. Good warm up and grip too. Good in the wet.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices