Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso 'not in right frame of mind' for Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso 'not in right frame of mind' for Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso 'not in right frame of mind' for Valencia

Andrea Dovizioso has admitted he is not in the right frame of mind to race in this weekend's season finale in Valencia following the tragic death of rival and fellow Italian Marco Simoncelli in Sepang. Dovizioso and Simoncelli had raced together since childhood and the former 125GP world champion frequently criticised Simoncelli's aggressive riding style after numerous battled in MotoGP. But Dovizioso,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 November 2011 11:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mcbainuk

Sep 09

mcbainuk says:

Respect to Dovi. He was never pals with SuperSic but he's raced again him his whole life, so it must be a real shock for him.

I can't wait to see/hear the minutes "noise" or "symphony" as I like to call it. Shame I can't be there to witness it.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

nice words

from dovi, dont no how these guys can race this weekend, great admiration for them all, simo will be watching R.I.P 58.

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Leecho,well said

You said it all there,this weekend is going to be tough for us as fans to watch,how these guys are going to feel trying to race when everyone is still in so much shock at the loss of Marco.I keep looking at the front cover of last weeks MCN at the photo of Marco and still can't believe it.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

simo

it will be a very somba end to the season, still cant believe he has gone

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Biggest Loss to the Sport

When any rider dies racing motorbikes it is tragic, whether at Club Level or Moto GP. However with Marco being at the top of his Sport and operating at the highest level, the shock to the world is greater. Moreover, I believe that he was the only one who could have channged Stoner, Pedrosa and Lorenzo to become a World Champion in Moto GP. We'll be talking for many years to come about Marco. RIP Marco and the upmost respect to all riders in all countries at all levels for letting the show go on.

Reply to this Topic
adamkwood

Sep 11

adamkwood says:

hope dovi can beat pedrosa and take 3rd in the championship

Reply to this Topic
boldover

Nov 11

boldover says:

I am surprised that many Moto G.P. riders didn't attend Marco's funeral. There may be good reasons for this however I would like to hear what they are. I have supported a certain rider for years and spent a fortune going to see him ride. He doesn't live that far from Italy and I expected him to have attended the funeral. If I hear no good reason for his non attendance that will be it in terms of my support. I will be looking out for a rider who cares about people like Marco did - I stood beside his truck after Misano this year's race and he came out and spent lots of time with his fans and cleared the way for people in wheel chairs and then talked to them for as long as they wanted. Stoner representatives set up his scooter beside the door of his truck giving the impression that he was about to come out - guess what happen - he sliped out the other side and away.

Come on MCN - let everyone know why the Moto GP didn't attend Marco's funeral .

Reply to this Topic
sheepbottomley

Oct 11

Alot of rider don't go to funerals of fellow riders as its a reminder of what can happen in racing, I live in the isle of man and alot of TT rides don't go to the funerals of fellow rider here either, but still pay their respects in other ways

Reply to this Topic
hustlerr94

Nov 11

hustlerr94 says:

andrea can be quiet...

...he doesn't need to be hypercritical, out of all the riders he made the most complaints about simoncelli and now he feel's bad, he's a fool.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices