Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati to test new aluminium frame in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati to test new aluminium frame in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati to test new aluminium frame in Valencia

Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden are expected to give a public debut to Ducati’s new conventional twin spar aluminium frame during the traditional post race test in Valencia next week. The factory Ducati pairing have both tested the new frame in separate sessions at the Jerez circuit recently as Bologna factory engineers desperately seek to improve front-end feeling with the Desmosedici...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 November 2011 16:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

another alien eh?

Who do you suggest then o wise one?

eddy...of course it wont work...Ducati are just trying it for a laugh!

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

eddy.

no.

that would be wrong and immoral.

the young are irrational, and take risks, and often do things they will regret.,ducati are trying to make a bike that can be ridden fast, but safely.

personally i don't want to seem some 19 y/o lad crippled and in a wheel chair for the rest of his life...because he was trying to ride an inferior bike as fast as the , 'well sorted bikes'.

that's not the way to go about things.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

@daver46

Your statistics are hardly surprising when pretty much everyone else in all those championship years was using a Deltabox style chassis as well.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Casey Stoner (in september 2011)

"When we had the carbon frame they already had an aluminium one they were testing. Everyone is saying bad things about the carbon fibre but you didn't ride the trellis frame. The carbon is a much better bike, we made improvements every year. Last year was the only year we struggled a lot through most of the season until the end and then I believed we had a bike that could win every race. To me the bike is not that bad. Many people criticise the carbon frame but the carbon frame is not the problem. 

"They've (Rossi and his squad) said the bike was not developed well in the past and now they have got the bike they wanted a little more and they're still continuing to struggle so I really don't know. They're putting in all the effort they can. When they understand what the problem is, I'm sure they can improve the results but for now they need to get more confidence."

So Casey implies a trellis frame will be even worse...

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

I am not sure..

but I think I am right in suggesting that for a trellis frame and a deltabox frame functionality is very similar, lets hope for Vale's sake they are not!!

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

valencia again

Dear All,

After the last race of the 2010 season, Rossi got on Stoner's podium-winning bike and went very, very slowly.

In the period since, he has continued to ride myriad developments of the machine at a speed which (almost) all people would accept is someway below the limit of the bike (as defined by Stoner).  Indeed, he cannot consistently outpace Barbera, de Puniet or Hayden on the same or superior spec Ducati.  His pace at certain events - PI, Silverstone to name 2 - has been embarrassing.

So, regardless of VR's stellar previous achievements in this class, if he isn't riding it fast enough, is a new frame material going to make any difference?  Maybe it is as simple as he can't be a**ed when he can't win.

Reply to this Topic
De Puniet

Sep 08

De Puniet says:

Moto BSB

All I want is Rossi back competing for the wins, Stoner laying  black lines down, Spies slipping it up the inside, Dovi all over the back of them, Pedrosa slipping it up the inside of Spies, Lorenzo going round the outside of the lot of them and all 6 of them side by side heading for the line of every single race. 0.006 seconds between all six of them.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

exactly

De Puniet that is exactly what we need!
mike27......Rossi riding very very slowly!
Wake up man and who is top Ducati at the moment?
Of course Valentino cant be ar**d.He does not want to be a race winner again does he?
Anyone got anything sensible to say?

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

buelligan272

So you agree with me, then?

To say VR is top Ducati is a little disingenuous - it's only just and considering he gets 90% of the factory backing, his pace has been consistently poor.

Did you see him wobble around at Silverstone?  Equally, I am sure the times for the Valencia test last year are still available - alternatively, check out this weekend and test and see where he is at!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ah well

maybe you  should try to wobble round instead!
I certainly wish I could wobble like that!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices