Skip to content

Ask an Expert Clothing depending on type of bike? Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Clothing depending on type of bike?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dunkin

Oct 11

dunkin says:

Clothing depending on type of bike?

Hi, I am reading up on clothing (new to riding) and with the type of bike I have in mind (V-strom/BMWF650) I was wondering whether there was a particular style of trousers/jacket to get? I am assuming that racing leathers will be unsuitable due to their style and cut but can anyone offer any advice?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 November 2011 20:16)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Clothing

Leathers come in more than one style.  Touring leathers have a little more room in them and are cut differently.  I have a set of Scott Venom leathers.  These are UK made and are great quality.

If you are using your bike all year round I would recommend fabric kit.  The levels of protection will be good and the kit should be warm and waterproof - all in all its more flexible.  

Reply to this Topic
dunkin

Oct 11

dunkin says:

Marcus

Thanks for your reply. The intention would be to use the bike as much as possible yes. Would you recommend Scott Venom for the fabric kit also?

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Scott

According to their website Scott do make fabric kit but I have not tried it.  I don't actually know anyone that has.  For good quality fabric kit have a look at the Hein Gerike or, for cheaper stuff that is still OK, J&S Accessories have a good choice.   

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

I ride in

2 piece leathers 98% of the time, no matter which bike I'm riding.

The way I look at it, I can commute in 2 piece sports leathers on a C90 if I want to (and I dooccasionally), but i can't do a track day on any bike in textiles.

I don't wear leathers green laning mind.

Reply to this Topic
PiageMoore

Nov 11

PiageMoore says:

Re:

I agree ...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN