Skip to content

Ask an Expert Photos taken of gear and helmet by police Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Photos taken of gear and helmet by police

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jimmywiz

Oct 11

jimmywiz says:

Photos taken of gear and helmet by police

My friend got stopped for no L plate but after they told him about it they took photos of all his gear and his bike and what he was whereing. they said it was because front facing speed cameras have been going off and they where getting photos of bikes in the area. 

Is this a load of crap or can they really fine you if you set of a front facing camera and now have photos of your helmet and bike. 

This is the biggest load of crap i have heard in a long time 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 November 2011 21:48)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lil125Guy

Oct 11

Lil125Guy says:

Your logic

So what you're saying is, because you have no front plate you should be allowed to speed?

You have no right to speed as does no-one else, they catch you doing it then you should get the punishment for that.

Reply to this Topic
jimmywiz

Oct 11

jimmywiz says:

no

i was saying that do u think the police can get u from the fact of the photos matching of your gear

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

gear photo's

It has happened once before. After a while, you seem to get more kit, so end up with several different sets :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

It's not unknown

for police to use kit photo's as evidence.

A clued-up copper will have seen every trick in the book as people try to avoid capture / conviction (including removal of L-plates) - your mate's unlikely to get one over here I think.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

If you're

in a public place you can be photographed but this is really collecting evidence such as DNA and fingerprints in a way. I'm not sure how it lies legally as he's not being arrested but he is committing an offence so I'd not have an issue. If they were to stop you for no reason and start taking photos, etc I'd be very concerned about the legality of it.

Really, why not have an L plate? It's simple stuff like that which gets attention from the police - plus it's up to £1000 fine per missing plate.

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

L - plates

There only 2 quid any way for a set... Not much.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices