Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi to race Marco Simoncelli’s number 58 in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi to race Marco Simoncelli’s number 58 in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi to race Marco Simoncelli’s number 58 in Valencia

Loris Capirossi will honour close friend Marco Simoncelli by racing the late Italian’s number 58 in Sunday’s Valencia MotoGP race. Capirossi, who will retire after Sunday’s 30-lap clash, revealed he will pay tribute to Simoncelli by replacing his famous number 65 with Simoncelli’s 58. The Pramac Ducati rider, who is due to make his 327th Grand Prix appearance on Sunday, attended today’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 November 2011 19:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

nice touch Loris

Great to see a legend like Capirossi using Marco's no.58 in his last ever GP.
I am sure Super Sic would approve.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Buelligan

A rider that was willing to torpedo another 'fellow' rider for glory, regardless of the consequences!!!!!! Not the best way to remember Simo or anyone else for that matter.

You and Capi can go fuck yourselves.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

pathetic pc

What a sad individual you are.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Buellshit

Look at the facts you friggin' retard.

Capi can only be a 'legend' in the minds of simpletons. Where would he fit in the 'Blue Riband Hall of Fame'? 

If anyone should carry '58' it should be Valentino.

Reply to this Topic
muchomojo

Nov 04

muchomojo says:

Like him or not, Capirossi has been around long enough and achieved enough to be considered a legend. Take the long view, forget the recent years of struggling. His infamous move to win 250 title all those years ago is something that I'd imagine Simoncelli would not have hesitated to do himself. Entirely appropriate that Capirossi run the 58 in his final race of a 300+ race career.

Reply to this Topic
djjonnibgood

Sep 07

djjonnibgood says:

Wouldn't it be better to retire #58 straight away before the Valencia race? I personally think it'd be a more fitting tribute if each rider wore the #58 somewhere on there bike/lethers/helmet as they did when Daijiro Kato passed away in 2003 with #74, rather than one rider taking the limelight. I also heard a rumor about vacating pole position on the grid...i can't see it happening, but wouldn't that be totally disrespectful to every other rider that has been unfortunate enough to lose their life doing what they love and have not been honoured in the same way?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''His infamous move to win 250 title all those years ago is something that I'd imagine Simoncelli would not have hesitated to do himself. ''

Really?

Reply to this Topic
phidler

Mar 08

phidler says:

Dear "PaceyCasey"

please keep your ill informed and toxic comments to yourself.

your responses are way out of line for those simple comments.

Obviously not a real fan of our sport.

Reply to this Topic
fockyerdoder

Sep 11

fockyerdoder says:

misunderstanding?

djjonnibgood says:

Wouldn't it be better to retire #58 straight away before the Valencia race?

I think people are misunderstanding the news. It probably only means Capirex will put the #58 somewhere on his leathers or livery.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

everyone makes mistakes,and in the heat of the moment we all do things we regret.

forgive and forget,everyone is only human.

rossi should carry the number,but,i have a feeling that rossi is supersticious, so he wont carry the 58? e.g all his pre ride rituals etc....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices