Skip to content

Discuss This Melissa Paris to test Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP bike in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Melissa Paris to test Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP bike in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Melissa Paris to test Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP bike in Valencia

Melissa Paris, the racer wife of double American Superbike champion Josh Hayes, will test Yamaha’s YZR-M1 800cc MotoGP bike in Valencia tomorrow (Tuesday). Paris was due to test Bradley Smith’s Tech 3 Racing Moto2 bike today (Monday) but when Hayes was drafted in as injury cover for Colin Edwards during last weekend’s Valencia Grand Prix, she was offered the opportunity to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 November 2011 14:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cayf

May 07

Cayf says:

Would've rather seen...

...the ride go to Tommy Hill as a thank you for winning the BSB title for Yamaha.

I've got fook all against female racers, but really, what has she done to deserve the opportunity..??

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

female racers.no matter how hard they try will ever be as good as males....yeah a good one might be as good as a rubbish/average male racer at a low class level  e.g bsb EVO class.

women are physically more fragile than men, no matter how butch they are.

i mean, i would be seriously woried if my daughter wanted to become a racer,its not ladylike and certainly not a normal aspiration for a young woman, women using motorcyles as transport  or for pleasure is ok, i would certainly help her out with that...

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

@davevr46

you talk crap

are you stuck in the 50`s or what with your not lady like lol

"women are physically more fragile than men" what about Pedrosa

Reply to this Topic
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

davevr46

Man, what is wrong with you...."not ladylike".....lol...., are you saying the woman only belongs in the kitchen in her high heels? is that what her asperiations should be....lol.

Are you from this century or did you just melt out of the frozen ice somewhere in the Alps. Do you realize your kind the Neanderthals have evolved and unfortunately you stayed behind.

Why don't you drag your woman to your cave and and give her a beating....but most likely in your household it is the other way around!

But maybe you are just jelouse because she could outride you with one arm tied behind her back and have YOU make her dinner, perhaps you should wear them high heels in the process...and don't forget to put on your make up.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

this is great news

Jenny Tinmouth should be given a test ride too - now THERE's a woman racer.

Women should be admitted to MotoGP and allowed to ride factory bikes with increased fuel allowance and more engines. I'm not joking, the sport is so male dominated, they should find a way to get women into the top classes.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Lets not get femanist about this...

Elena Myers is the best female prospect by some considerable margin. Barring injury (or she wakes up one day and decides she would rather do something more girly), she has a better than even chance of making it to MotoGP (She has already had a test with Suzuki of course). Jenny Tinmouth is the next best female racer, but I don't see her getting to MotoGP - she is still trying to get on a Superbike in BSB of course. I don't know where Melissa Paris sits in the female bike racer rankings but she is definately not as quick as Elena or Jenny. They won't release any times when she rides the MotoGP bike but I would expect her to be 1.5 secs per corner off the pace. MotoGP bikes are rigid wild things that need huge ability and strenth to ride properly.

It would be great to see a female in MotoGP, but not at all costs, they would need to be able to compete on equal terms. Otherwise it simply reinforces the stereotypes of course.  

Reply to this Topic
SuperSick

Jul 11

SuperSick says:

this is nothing more than a publicity stunt

girls and women should be given equal chances with men in all classes but i mean equal. no extra fuel allowances or anything like that. if they can compete then great, if they cant then they cant.

Reply to this Topic
dexyboy

Aug 02

dexyboy says:

Melissa Test

I am absolutely disgusted and dismayed with the vitriol that has sprung from the keyboards of all the ill-informed people on this forum. Melissa wildcarded for me at the final round of BSS at Brands and believe me, she is a 100% professional racer, end of. To qualify after only 30 minutes of practice on a circuit she'd never even seen, following a crank failure on Lap 2 of the only other practice session, on a bike on which she'd completed one trackday and which was WSS spec, against a field that had raced there twice already this year never mind in previous years, was a simply stunning performance. She high-sided in warm-up in very tricky conditions, because she was trying so hard, really gave herself a good battering and yet still knocked massive chunks off her laptimes in every lap of each race. She is amazingly tough and if you see her 'race' eyes when she dons her helmet, your blood will curdle. To top it off, you're slagging off one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet, works tirelessly to promote our sport, and someone who risks life and limb to entertain you ingrates - she's got more metal in her legs from race accidents than a lot of you have in your kitchen drawer. So leave it out and let her enjoy, in her words, a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Dexyboy

I dont know her. But well said mate.

Thats why I dont post much in this crap section of MCN. Too many wannabe's that think they know what they are on about, but given half the chance to ride a bike on a track in anger, would scuttle off and shit their pants.

Good luck Melissa, and enjoy the experience.

Reply to this Topic
gixpeed

Nov 09

gixpeed says:

Inbreds

Stop hating ! So Melissa Paris gets to ride the Tech 3 GP bike. Good for her and Josh. I bet my wages she can run faster lap times than all you wannabes. So SHUT UP.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle