Skip to content

Discuss This 24-page Ducati 1199 Panigale supplement in this week's MCN! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 24-page Ducati 1199 Panigale supplement in this week's MCN!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

24-page Ducati 1199 Panigale supplement in this week's MCN!

Ducati's incredible new 1199 Panigale has just been unveiled, and MCN is the only publication in the world to be able to tell the full and exclusive inside story of the world's most extreme v-twin. Our 24-page special Panigale supplement – produced in great secrecy in the past few weeks based on factory visits, access to exclusive material and interviews...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 November 2011 16:31)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rudemugs

Mar 10

rudemugs says:

Not the prettiest

It will no doubt look much better in the flesh, but it does seem a little bit less elegent and pure in design than than the 1099 and 916, like they took the 1099 and added a few styling cues from the boys book of superbike design. That said, I wouldn't kick it out of my garage! I've slung my leg over uglier bikes.

Reply to this Topic
alpinestarhero

Jan 05

trollin' ain't easy

Well, I have to say I really do like it. I'm not being sold on its looks, oh no - much deeper than that. The technology employed. I really like how ducati push their engineering, much like honda sort of do. No other manufacturer reveales as much, which to me is more reason to be excited than how it looks. Gixercarl, you go on and on about how brilliant you are, how fantastic your jap bike is. But sir I ask you this Does't thou' have a topbox fitted? because that is what makes my SV650 better than your pile o' crap gixxxaaaahhh. And dont get me started on my heated grips and tucano urbano muffs. All that and I can still go as fast as you by law. Long live the italian motorcycles, with their exotic running gear, questionable electrics (thats a stereotype, they are all good these days) and technology the jap manufacturers are too worried about to try.

Reply to this Topic
CrazyG

Apr 09

CrazyG says:

Italian Stallion

The more I see of the Panigale, the more I like.  Yes, there are some elements that are a little unusual compared to every other superbike out there but many of these add to the exotic appeal.  I wasn't sure about the exposed piece of pipework towards the bottom of the fairing but I actually think it's quite alluring; like a glimpse of leg that you shouldn't have been able to see.  You can't deny that it is a stunning piece of mechanical engineering and I have no doubt that it will be class-leading in terms of performance and handling.  I have to admit that I am a bit of a poser when it comes to bikes but if I owned an 1199 I would definitely use the whole of the back tyre!

I'd give my right ball to own one of these if I could but as it is, I guess I'll have to wait about 10 years before I can afford a secondhand one...

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Hainzy

Not sure where you are getting your information from but you are wrong; this MCN supplement is a completely exclusive deal for MCN. How do I know that? Well it took months of negotiation to get it sorted and I wrote pretty much all of it and I know what we have is totally exclusive to MCN. Regards Andy Downes MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

a note from an old school Elsie owner, 1 lc250 stolen and i still have an rd250lc with a braced frame and ypvs 380cc engine.

one thing i'd like to say is, Ducati and a lot of other european motorbike manufacturers have top quality real
motorcycle enthusiasts designing and building products that we the end user motorbike enthusiasts want. i'm not knocking
jap bikes but the smaller volume eurobike companies can somehow feel what way to go because they are run by motorcyclists
who acctually want better motorbikes to play on, it's a win win type thing.

at gixercarl
can you remember the feeling you got when you had your first real road bike, well i get that everytime i take my bike out that's
how special my bike is, i even get a buzz closing the throttle and setting car alarm off.

cheers

gogs

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

THE WHOLE IDEA

of riding a V twin is for the low down torque so you can hold 1 gear and the bike will pull from 3000 revs up to 9-10000 revs. (just where an R6 is idleing). These new short stroke V2 s are made for reving to get the power that they can acheive. You might as well be riding an RGV 250 with the amount of gear changing you,ll be doing. Even the short stroke 1098/1198 s don,t sound as good as the longer stroke 916 family. But I,m sure they,ll sell thousands of them to folk  that don,t even know what I,m Bleating on about. Try a MONSTER on the road before you buy a pure race bike derived from a concept that don,t work in MOTO GP.

Reply to this Topic
topendz

Nov 06

topendz says:

Fantastic

Speaking as a 1198 owner as well as a 998 owner for me Ducati have hit this one out of the park. If you go to the Ducati website and read everything that has gone into this bike I am gob smacked and I think you will be. From the obviously improvements over the 1198 for example larger alloy tank, less reach to the handlebars, better distribution of weight, easier starting, longer service intervals due to the gear and chain driven cams, these alone represent a significant improvement. Then you see the power, weight, beautiful design, the widest rear tire on any Superbike, the ride by wire throttle control, electronic assisted suspension, quick shifter and many more I am just blown away.... I keep whispering PANIGALE into my wife's ear as she sleeps! Absolutely incredible!!!

Reply to this Topic
BobLeDuc

Jul 11

BobLeDuc says:

You know the feeling you get when you're getting ready to go out with that new girl, ..you're smitten and you know she likes you? That's the feeling I get every time I"m getting ready to take out the 999....You are either Ducati or you're not. They push the envelope, sometimes they get it right, sometimes they have to go back to the drawing board, but in the global scheme of things, they are a small company, they've got balls, and they go for it. Kudos

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

1199 Suppliment & Bike

I have to hand to you MCN, i was genuinely excited reading through the suppliment of the 1199 Pinigale. Made great reading and some nice nerdy stuff too along with the backstage photos.

Having purchased my first duke  this year (749s) I have truely bitten, Ducati's do offer that something different and the design / lines etc are second to none. The jap four cant really compete when it comes to these features in particular. They feel a bit " cheap " in comparisson. I have owned a fair few jap bikes so i do know what I'm talking about.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

I really want to like this bike. When you look at the stats, it is fantastic and I bet it goes as well as it will sound. I love v-twins and triples. It's not always about the performance but the character and Dukes and Triumphs have this nailed.

Maybe I'm getting to an age where I can admire something like this but sadly cannot do it justice.  There would be little point in me owning one as I would be scared to mistreat it and here lies the problem for me. There are some great bikes about like the KTM RC8 and the Yamaha R1 with that lovely crossplane crank motor but.....I need something more everyday with the character but the everyday useability and an affordable price. I appreciate Ducati designed this to be a top performer and it is superb but I would rather have an £8k Suzuki SV1200. Oops silly me, they don't make one. sigh.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices