Skip to content

Discuss This 24-page Ducati 1199 Panigale supplement in this week's MCN! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 24-page Ducati 1199 Panigale supplement in this week's MCN!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

24-page Ducati 1199 Panigale supplement in this week's MCN!

Ducati's incredible new 1199 Panigale has just been unveiled, and MCN is the only publication in the world to be able to tell the full and exclusive inside story of the world's most extreme v-twin. Our 24-page special Panigale supplement – produced in great secrecy in the past few weeks based on factory visits, access to exclusive material and interviews...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 November 2011 16:31)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aa4vans

Mar 09

aa4vans says:

£ 23,495.00

Wow, £23,495 !!! Jesus bikes have gone up in doller. When i first saw the pics of the Tricolore i was thinking 'maybe' but i can't justify trading in my Bigbang 09 R1 and maybe have to give £ 15,000 on top. How do they justify £7,000 incrise from base model to Tricolore, H'mmm. It won't be happening but it is a lovely thing.  Maybe i will wait until the Italian economy crashes and they be selling them off for £ 9999 hopefully.

Reply to this Topic
BobLeDuc

Jul 11

BobLeDuc says:

I just love all this bleating about Japanese bikes, Overpriced Italians blah, blah blah,blah,blah...let's face it, they are all great bikes. There will always be the "posers" who live in THE neighborhood or drive THE Bimmer, or have to have the S model, but the bottom line is that if you're a biker, something about a particular bike hits you in the gut and you have to have it. Superbikes?...most of us will never even get close to their real potential...so what....it's in the gut man, and that to me is what it's all about...Ride on

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Plastic

Maybe I shouldn't be commenting on this as I am not a sports bike fan. I understand the things and love to watch racing be it Motogp or Superbike and greatly admire the skills of Stoner, Rossi, Lorenzo and Biaggi etc. To me that's where these things belong, on the track. Race rep wannabe's thrashing the things on the road are what gives bikers a bad name now that the Hells Angels association has finally been consigned to history(maybe).

Can't understand either the arguments about how it looks either, paint a ZX10 red and put that picture in the article and you couldn't tell the difference. All bikes wrapped in plastic look the same, they're just different colours and oh yes the mirrors are ugly aren't they, pah. I want a bike to show it's engineering, something Brunellian, steam punk whatever you want to call it. Roland Sands designs and builds such things of articulate beauty, we all want one if we're honest so why on earth can't the factories come up with such things, after all it's merely esthetics and custom builders are doing it in sheds all over the world. I ride a mildly customised 1988 Vmax, fast as I ever need to go and looks the bollox, wonderful machine and esthetically different to anything else. It's me and it's mine and I'm not anyone else and have no desire whatever to fit in and be like anyone else or to shove down anyones throat that what I have is top notch expensive and better than yours. It's just mine.

As for Ducati taking engineering to another level, I would argue that they are merely taking an existing old design as far as they can take it. That ultra short stroke 90 degree Vtwin is going to be right on the edge as far as performance and reliability are concerned, and that ally monocoque front end has been trashed in Motogp and a lot of riders are going to be scared by it. they shouldn't be as they won't be riding the thing on Bridgestone's Motogp control tyre and taking it nowhere near the edge, so it will handle just fine, as it will for Carlos Checa as he's a better rider and he'll be on Pirelli's.

We've had the 24 page pull out, next it'll be Neevsey telling us just how fantastic it is, how it does everything better than anything else while it gets hammered by the S1000RR in the comparison tests, doesn't want to spoil his chances of future invitations to road test Ducati's new wonder machines rather than tell it like it is. BobLeDuc is right, it's in the gut man, but I want something to show that it's been engineered, not injection moulded. I still have that genetic memory, link to my stone tool making ancestors who first tamed and rode horses because that's where my connection to bikes comes from.

Reply to this Topic
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

vmax4steve...

your spot one about one thing mate, maybe you shouldnt be commenting about sports bikes. clearly you are confused.

Reply to this Topic
krustchoff

Feb 11

krustchoff says:

1199 panigale

looks like ducati has got it right except its a lotta dollars, dont know if there kickin the arse out of it or not, will think about this one.lovely bike.

Reply to this Topic
krustchoff

Feb 11

krustchoff says:

1199 panigale

looks like ducati has got it right except its a lotta dollars, dont know if there kickin the arse out of it or not, will think about this one.lovely bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices