Skip to content

Discuss This The Ducati 1199 Panigale files: 24 page supplement FREE in MCN New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > The Ducati 1199 Panigale files: 24 page supplement FREE in MCN

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

The Ducati 1199 Panigale files: 24 page supplement FREE in MCN

Ducati's incredible new 1199 Panigale has just been unveiled, and MCN is the only publication in the world to be able to tell the full and exclusive inside story of the world's most extreme v-twin. Our 24-page special Panigale supplement – produced in great secrecy in the past few weeks based on factory visits, access to exclusive material and interviews with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 November 2011 16:35)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

'Unexpectly low price of £14,995' Well that's reassuring to know! Seriously though,what planet do some people live on. My take home pay is less than this!

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Only 24 pages?

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

A lot of money

As another forum member has mentioned, this is a lot of money for a bike, especially the tricolor version, a decent car can be had for a lot less. For most of us we can only dream of having a bike like this.

However once the 1199 is in the showrooms this might bring down the price of used 1198's so this might become more accessible to the majority of us.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

Congratulations to Ducati, if you go onto the Ducati.com website you can find much more stuff including sound clips of the new engine in action, it still sounds very much like a Ducati but with less internal engine sound !

cheers

gogs

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

here we go again

here we go another update on the ferarri of bike lolol dont make me laugh !!!!!!!!

another one for the possers who will have to have the S model (they need that ohlins on the road oh yes need that )

anyone who has ridden bikes long enough know that italy produce sexy bikes that are crap road bike it has been the same since 916 996 998 1098 1198 all crap track focused bikes

when will you mugs wake up and smell the coffee these are over priced over hyped red sheds that tradtionally get spanked by any jap 1000 or in some years gixer 750s

i have owned an MV and RSV4 both are sheds compared to a Blade or ZX10 2011

luckily never been stupid enough to spend money on the ferrari but lot of my mate have been victms there been lucky enough to ride every model without spending my hard earned on them

ducati have spent the last 10 years trying to make their bikes less tractor like and more japanese with service intervals like jap bikes

they have even gone for japanese wing mirrors on this 1199 model

with every model they get more japanese like, but they are still light years away

yes jap bikes dont live up to the ducati mv bling

but to the masses the japs built a far more refined and balanced machine and yes most of them work on the road where most of them use them with the odd track day thrown in

i look foward to see the 1199 S, R men at our local meets next summer most with 2 inch chicken strips each side of their rear tyre

there will be a sea of 1198s in the mcn this summer as the must have cocks upgrade to 1199s its a sad ritual

apart from the awesome blade mild update, this is the only bike mcn has to over hype up for 2012 sadly

cant wait for neevsy or franklins first test ride telling us this bike will change motocycling lolololol

i wont be spending me £1.99 on the mcn this week thats for sure

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

just spotted mcn headline

"we have reinvented the v twin" dont make me laugh

think valentino is really impressed with their invention this year lolol

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

More lucid, please

I've read your first comment twice gixercarl and i still have no idea what your on about. Could you please ditch the irony/charchasm/inuendo and just say what you think, i think people would find it less confuseing. cheers

Reply to this Topic
brianhevans

Nov 05

brianhevans says:

1199 and stuff...

I look forward to this, IMHO, well-thought-out 1199.  For the first time, a manufacturer has thought of everything...I hope....traction control (hopefully the new DTC learns different tires like the Aprilia RSV4 system since the DTC on the 1098R and 1198(all models) only worked with oem tires and the BMW S1000RR requires an updated ecu to learn new tires), quick shifter, abs, a gear indicator, slipper clutch, different throttle maps, 100 mm of trail and the option to choose between flat rate or linear linkage all while having more torque than ANY other bike out there and some major hp to back it up now.....PLUS the new 1199 is going to be lighter than anything else out there in the superbike class.....

I think this IS the year for Ducati.  The Beemer is top of the class but the traction control kinda sucks, the front end feels vague on turn-in and the throttle is twitchy.  The R1, which I currently race is AWESOME but I really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE passing Kawis, Suzukis and even Beemers on my Ducati 1098 race bike which holds a line better than anything else and has the grunt out of the corners to allow me to pass up the inside, around the outside or just square up another bike and BEAT those other bikes regularly....

Look at WSBK, the twins, v-fours and R1 (which has an engine that works like a twin) are the bike that win because they handle well AND they treat the tire well. 

My 1098 takes commitment to ride but it is well-worth it.  The R1 is the easiest racebike I have raced and won on.....

I just can't wait for the 1199 and YES I may get the S because I think for the first time it will actually be worth the premium....the rear shock is a top-notch TTX so when my 1199 makes its way to the track all I will have to do to the suspension is springs, oil and valving changes.  The new forged hoops are also stupid light too....

Never and I mean NEVER before has a manufacturer offered it all.  If the DTC and quick shifter work flawlessly and allow use of different tires BMW will be defeated....  The power to weight ratio of the 1199 should be somewhere around 2.35:1 (lbs/hp) vs. the BMW S1000RR's excellent 2.5:1.

I hope it's a new world order.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices