Skip to content

Discuss This MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR revealed: Big power and adjustability New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR revealed: Big power and adjustability

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR revealed: Big power and adjustability

MV Agusta has just released details from the Milan show of an addition to its 2012 Brutale range. The Brutale 1090 RR is the Italian company’s most powerful Brutale to date with a claimed peak power output of 156.2bhp @ 11,900rpm. No torque figures have been quoted as yet but MCN expects it to be in the region of 84-89ftlb. With the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 November 2011 16:50)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DMD73

May 08

DMD73 says:

Is this the captain america bike? I think I will stick with Ducati...

Reply to this Topic
allcock

Mar 06

allcock says:

That is so un MV Agusta like.  Wrong image for this type of M/C, IMHO. personally, I wouldn´t want one if you gave it to me. OK, I would, but I´d soon flog it and buy something else.

Reply to this Topic
koolgoatie

Jul 09

koolgoatie says:

Yeah Right ! Stick !!

The Brutale is the ultimate naked machine, the finish looks stunning and the build quality is also top notch , Yeahi'd have one without a doubt ! this machine looks awesome!  Ha It's o k to stick with a Ducati, especially if you enjoy bits falling off on ride outs, having to charge the battery of your 1098 every nite just so that it will start the next morning and dont forget to keep your break down cover up to date as your most certainly gonna need it this winter ! ....... Putting things in perspective !  This is an awesome machine !

Reply to this Topic
Beer&Darts

Apr 08

Beer&Darts says:

Did that guy just suggest that one of MV's virtues over Ducati is reliability?

That gave me the best laugh I've had in ages. It's like comparing horse and dog shit - hilarious.

Seriously, be fair - great design, horrible paintjob.

Reply to this Topic
andybiker

May 07

andybiker says:

With that paint job...

... it looks like a Honda on steroids – yuck!

Reply to this Topic
PLODalongPETER

Nov 11

Oi Koolgoatie your have'in a giraffe aren't you.....

Clearly you haven't owned a Ducati recently, I picked up a second hand 9 month old Streetfighter S for ten grand & it only had 1,400 miles on the clock & at the time the new basic Speed triple was 9 2...... I've since done nearly nine thousand miles myself in last 7 months & my bike hasn't dropped a beat.

Personaly I think MV are +3 years too late with this bike, there try'in to jump on a band wagon & have come in to late & far to expensive....... & I think the blind sprayer that painted that bike also doubles up as Berlusconi's finacial advisor....

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Good Front End

The front view reminds me of the St George's flag. The rest of the colour scheme is a bit dodgy but the front is a winner. Maybe not with the Jockanese though. Got to also agree with PLODalongPeter regarding Dukes. I've had three and never one problem with them. Finish and build quality was excellent - certainly comparable to the other bikes I've had including the two Honda's and the Kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
theafterburner

Jul 06

Price Increase?? For what??

I am a huge fan of MV but the pricing for the new 1090RR is pissing me off. The previous 1090RR was listed at £13,899 and this new one is estimated to cost over another £2,500 for some 10 extra horses and new wheels?? Just about when they got the pricing right for the 1090RR and the F4 when they were launched now they have gone nuts again. They are trying hard to get the price right with the 1090R to bring in customers between the Ducati Monster 1100Evo and the Streetfighter, though i feel that both are not any good (my opinion not starting a war) compared to the Brutale, MV should stick to the £13,899 if they need to keep the 1090RR moving off showrooms and change the color schemes. The 1078RR had the best colors of the Brutale till date.

Reply to this Topic
abazhle

Nov 11

abazhle says:

The bike shown here is with the so called "America" colour scheme, which imo is plain ridiculous. The other available colour schemes are the classic MV "Red/Silver" and "Mat Magno Gray/Mat Black", which are both much better choices.

http://www.mvagusta.it/en/brutale/brutalerr1090

I own a Red/Silver 2011 Brutale 1090RR. The bike is awesome and blast to ride. I don't inderstan how a 12hp and new wheels would jack price so much for 2012...I am glad a bought the 2011 model.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

nice

but the 750 and the 910 are the true brutale,s anything else is just a copy..... the 750 and 910 are like good rough sex you never forget it 998 1090 are like normal sex 

and plod along peter having a duke is like knocking one out in the bog you dont shout about it  

re the price take a look at the world the shit state its in every thing is going to go up get used to it

abazhie i think mv have cocked up on the colour scheme bring back all the old colours red silver.. red whites .....black red black silver etc

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices