Skip to content

Ask an Expert XXXL Flip Front Helmet? Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > XXXL Flip Front Helmet?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

cblward

Nov 11

cblward says:

XXXL Flip Front Helmet?

Hi,

I took my CBT during the summer and have been wanting to get a bike since then, but my problem has been getting a helmet that fits. On my CBT I used a xxl Nitro Flip Front Helmet, but even that was to small, I had to ride with it in the raised position.
Does anyone know of where I can get xxxl Flip Front, I'm not too comfortable with wearing full face helmets, so I would prefer a flip front.
I had pretty much given up on getting one after trying in the summer, but I recently got a new job in London and do not want to have to take my car down into a big city and have the hassle of parking/ congestion charge.

Anyone who can point me towards a xxxl flip front helmet will have my undying gratitude, it will be even more undying if it is fairly good value.

Many thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 November 2011 17:31)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Helmet

You'll need to go to a good sized retailer that carries a large range of helmets in a variety of sizes - even the larger ones.  That way you'll get good advice and can see what's on the market.  Sometimes, awkward sizes can be easier to obtain via mail-order services but that only works once you already know what fits and what doesn't. 

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

Same here

well, sort of in that I have a big head, though not as big as yours I suspect.  The only manufacturer I know who did a size that big was Arai, but it wasn't flip up.  I tried it on a few years ago but it was even too big for me (just).  As previously posted, finding someone that stocks the range of sizes for you try is going to be your hardest challenge.

Being a sportsman (ahem), I face the same problem getting boots, as the zip ones on all the fancy boots I like don't zip up.  It's one of those things I suppose - the japanese and italians are midgets, the racers are midgets, so the kit is for midgets.

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

Try more brands...

You might need to try more brands if an XXXL lid won't fit on your head.

Try a Shoei if you can. If they fit you pretty much nothing else will (I don't know why this is) and they do flip fronts too.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

Darkrapture

was that to me?  I've only ever used Shoei if it was - just fyi.

Reply to this Topic
jimmywiz

Oct 11

jimmywiz says:

i was the same

best way i got around the clostrophobia in a helemt was to by a open face one first, and then a full face one later on. I was also looking at flip ups when i was getting my new helmet but was told that it is illegal to ride with a filp up in the up position so i just got a full face one as i did not see the point in the full face ones. 

also i found that the flip up one where so bulky due to the amount of hardware needed to clip the two part together.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

all i can say is try on loads of helmets and till one fits
i dont like open face ones so i just wear a mx lid in the summer or a full face one in the winter

Reply to this Topic
PiageMoore

Nov 11

PiageMoore says:

Re:

They are protective....

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

XXXL

If it's not to late, try the Scorpion EXO 900. They do it up to xxxl, in various colours, and it can convert to an open faced helmet in a jiffy !!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices