Skip to content

Discuss This First pic: Valentino Rossi tests Ducati GP12 with new frame MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > First pic: Valentino Rossi tests Ducati GP12 with new frame

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

First pic: Valentino Rossi tests Ducati GP12 with new frame

Valentino Rossi has started evaluating Ducati’s new twin spar aluminium frame at the Valencia circuit in Spain this morning. The nine-times world champion was one of the first on to the Ricardo Tormo Circuit once wet patches had dried up under blue and sunny skies. The new chassis is a conventional twin spar aluminium version and has been designed to give Italian...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 November 2011 11:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

I wouldnt read into anything too much

its called testing, not qualifiying.

you dont know what tyres RDP,stoner or anyone as matter of fact set their laps on.

you don't know what power/fuel consumption they were dialed in on.

there's just so many variables not to mention the weather,track surface and climate temperatures.

the list goes on, the only time you will know truly is next april....when the flag goes down and the arab's candle burns.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Frame of Mind

Never mind the frame. Jesus wept. He was indeed closer day one Valencia testing last year than he is this year. Mind you, he had Stoner's bike with Stoner's data. Much like RdP today with Bautista's data fom the weekend. Resurection,I hope. Resurection being...L4 D16 in a steel trellis with an alloy swingarm, slung under someone willing to wring its bloody neck. Crikey. Franco Battaini was today only 1.6 seconds adrift of Rossi. Barbera and Abraham were within .5 of him. Philip Morris' interest must be going up in smoke as the countdown to 2012 moves inexorably on. Piaggio bailout for Ducati on the cards sometime...a la Castiglione/Cagiva back then.

The crowd I feel sorry for within Ducati are their engineering staff. Intolerable situation for them. Trying to concoct a potion that will magically grant eternal youth.

The Oracle of Delphi may be the next step forward.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

ducati

apparantly valentino was spotted in floods of tears on the way to the hotel this afternoon 

according to close friends he is looking forward to the 2013 season

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Slow motion PR disaster. The designers need sacking.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

fair enough

bigshow..all I was meaning that its very early days with the new frame and probably very different to the what they will end up with.
Dont really think we can take anything from this first test as hopefully things will improve.
Ducati know what they are doing....dont they?

Reply to this Topic
Borrelli10

Nov 11

Borrelli10 says:

Get your shit together!!!!

First off, how can Ducati build such an amazing superbike and then build a crap Moto GP bike. The new Ducati 1199 looks amazing and Valentino's Moto GP bike looks like a Bus!!! Ducati needs to get there shit together!!! If Rossi was on a Honda this past year he would have won the Championship. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Ducati fan but come on boys its time to walk the walk!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices