Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki set Friday deadline to commit to MotoGP in 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki set Friday deadline to commit to MotoGP in 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki set Friday deadline to commit to MotoGP in 2012

Suzuki has until Friday to commit to the 2012 MotoGP world championship, MCN can reveal. Suzuki team boss Paul Denning and Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta met in Valencia yesterday (Monday) to discuss the future of the British-based squad. Ezpeleta said that he would wait until Friday for a final decision, with his ultimatum demanding an assurance from Suzuki that if it does...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 November 2011 16:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Lauren in the Policewoman outfit

Looking forward to seeing that next season if Randy replaces Bautista...

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Way to go

Suzuki. With their dithering they have managed to loose a very talented and loyal rider and piss off all their fans. I can't wait to see what bautista can do on the honda he has been great this year and this could be a really good career move for him. Although I respect it I could never quite understand his loyalty to Suzuki  Feel a bit sorry for RDP he had a nightmare season on a dog of a bike and gets bounced out his seat just when it looks like it could turn into a competitive ride only to land straight back on the dog of the grid.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I reckon.

Suzuki are heading in the same way Kawasaki went withdrawing from the championship after Bautista's departure.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

No need for brinkmanship

I think giving Suzuki this ultimatum is a mistake. MotoGP needs all the teams it can get and one factory Suzuki is worth a dozen CRT entries. Dorna should give Suzuki every opportunity and plenty of time to field a bike - I am worried that the Friday deadline will backfire and Suzuki will walk away. I realise that in the meantime there are riders on tenterhooks to see if Suzuki wants them but they should consider going elsewhere - Suzuki will always be able to find someone else.

Another option would be to find some way of letting Suzuki participate as a supplier of GSV-R engines to claiming rule or other privateer teams. I realise it's a prototype engine, not factory-based, but how many times have the rules been bent or altered in the last few years in the interests of making the sport cheaper, more competitive, increasing the number of bikes on the grid etc?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Suzuki deserve it.

The ultimatium handed out to them thats the way I see it.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Well,

Its Friday.........Haven`t seen any news.

Have they done a Kawaski?

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

Suzuki ?

O well thats the way the cookie crumbles

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

Yam gtyr

Fuck me you are not so clever are you, how did you work that out on your own, did you get help or was it a lucky guess.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

@N152er.

It was a lucky guess no help on it what so ever.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Any news on this?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool