Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: “Some big problems remain.” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: “Some big problems remain.”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: “Some big problems remain.”

Valentino Rossi admitted Ducati still has to make huge improvements to its new GP12 1000cc bike after he made his long-awaited public debut on a new twin spar aluminium chassis in Valencia today. The nine-times world champion completed 71 laps on the new frame, which Ducati hopes will give Rossi and team-mate Nicky Hayden more front-end feeling. He set a best time...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 November 2011 20:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

2012 Season

The 2012 season will be similar to what we saw this year. I don't see much changing entertainment wise. You will still have the regulars winning. Rossi will struggle again... I hope I am wrong. Stoner, Pedrosa, and Lorenzo will be taking turns for the amount of races they win next year. Spies will still be in the second group of riders. Now all alone, in that group as Tech3 will be a downgrade for Dovi and will be fighting for the top 8 position instead of top 4 or 5. I am really looking forward to what Randy can do on Suzuki, if he gets the ride. I think he will be the surprise package next season. But then if Suzuki starts with 800 bike, that will be a real kick in the ass. Anyway... 6 or so month to wait, before the season starts. This is probbly for the first time, I am happy that Motogp is on a break. Will post in in late April... Laters

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Ducati

its obvious to me , Rossi is sandbagging ;o)

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

No Surprise

Unsurprising that the new Duke is no better than the old one. Preziosi just about predicted this, when he said there was nothing too wrong with the carbon chassis. Where does this leave Ducati? Sadly, with the glaring reality that the problem lies in the engine, or more specifically, in the engine configuration. There is little room for movement when you use a 90-degree V4 – the long motor can only occupy a certain space in the frame. This can be seen in the fact that the front cylinder has rotated in the frame over the years – now lying flat (hits the front wheel), then slightly upright (unloads the front?), then a lot upright (greatly unloads the front?). The answer must be to use a 70-or-so-degree engine, which allows a greater flexibility in location. Burgess hinted at a possible engine change recently, when he warned us not to expect too much from this ‘INTERIM’ bike. He has previously stated that he did not want to turn the Duke into a Yamaha, but is he planning an Italian Honda? This would make complete sense as, according to engineers, the Yamaha straight four bike has reached the end of its development, and will, henceforth, rely too much on BRAVE RIDING (as per Ben Spies last weekend). The only real advantage of the deltabox frame is that it can be modified quickly once the team have collected some data, rather than junking it, as was the case with the carbon job.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Moving in the right direction..

This isn't what i wanted to hear but I get it... February will be the real test when the 2012 bike gets rolled out! 1.6 sec off on the first day on a completely new chassis isn't too bad in my opinion..

David Emmett at Motomatters said "Rossi looks like Rossi again" on the Ducati so hopefully he is feeling more at home on this chassis which should bode well for him as we all know he needs to feel comfortable to get the most out of a bike (unlike the likes of Stoner)..

Anyway, Rossi set a fastest lap of 1.33.857 yesterday in a total of 71 laps. Today he has gone out and set a 1.33.788 in 6 laps... That is moving in the right direction..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Moaner...

Although he did 71 laps yesterday Rossi actually did the 1:33.857 within 25 laps (thanks to your 12:30 update yesterday)... & with Dani only having done 2 laps so far we can assume he'll pass Rossi leaving him 6th again... Stoner's going 2 tenths quicker (having done only 3 laps) this morning meaning that Rossi & everyone else are pretty much where they were yeasterday.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Just pointing out

That Rossi has gone slightly faster today than he did yesterday and he did it in 6 laps.. therefore backing up my statement "moving in the right direction"

Cheers sweetness.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Thats ok then

considering its almost a brand new bike that had plenty development to be carried out before the first race.
Lets wait and see what happens before writing off Ducati and Rossi off immediately!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Moaner...

But in almost 50 laps yesterday he didn't go faster than in the 1st 25... does that mean that most of yesterday they were moving in the wrong direction?

:lol:

... or is it that everybody's times are up a few 10ths because of the conditions?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Hedgy, are you saying

that improving your time from one test session to the next is not moving in the right direction?

Reply to this Topic
caniborrowcaseyswife

Mar 11

no change then

still moaning !!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle