Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Ducati 1199 Panigale unveiled at Milan Show New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Ducati 1199 Panigale unveiled at Milan Show

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ducati 1199 Panigale unveiled at Milan Show

Ducati finally took the covers off of their revolutionary new superbike - the 1199 Panigale at the Milan Show today, and MCN was there to capture the unveiling. The 195bhp, 190kg 1199 Panigale V-twin superbike has an all-new cast aluminium monocoque chassis and the first all-new Ducati engine in almost 25 years. The fact it starts at the unexpectedly low price of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 November 2011 20:33)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Gixercarl

No-ones lying, the full wet weight is 188 kg! + thats with a full tank. Put it in 720p and full screen it you'll see the number more clearly

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Wow, what a dash!

Search Ducati 1199 Dash Display on youtube, looks amazing

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Italians certainly know

Italians certainly know how to design for beauty.  lovely bike, specially the S with the LED trim. :)

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

weight

bikenutter thanks i stand corrected on the bigger screen yes i can see what  i was looking at was indeed the 1198 comparison

however with aid of a bigger screen i could see what i was looking for ducati lies for jurnos to spread

the japs claim kerb weight ie the blade and 10r thats with fuel

little * tells the tale

the 1199 says wet weight without fuel, 17 litres of unleaded of fuel will knock a big whole in this new claimed featherlight weight

it should weight less it does not have 2 rocket launching termis sticking out the back like previous models

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

At NEC?

Will Ducati have the bike at the NEC?

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Weight

Look again, the 188kg is full wet weight with fuel, that star is on the wet weight which is a lowly 177kg. They've put the wet weights without fuel up to show that they havent lost weight by just making the tank smaller.

Reply to this Topic
apriliarsv998

Jul 05

Tank size?

If the weight is 177Kg dry and 188Kg wet then the fuel only weighs 11Kg. 1ltr of water weighs 1Kg, I’m guessing 1 ltr of unleaded weighs about the same? So the tank is an 11 ltr tank?? Really useful in the real world. Something does not add up (probably me!)

Reply to this Topic
evanpfreeman

Aug 02

evanpfreeman says:

Fuel

Bad Guess, mate! Density of fuel @15C is .74 kg/l so you're looking at around 15 litres of juice, so not so impractical for a sports bike

Reply to this Topic
evanpfreeman

Aug 02

evanpfreeman says:

test

test

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN