Skip to content

Discuss This Milan Show: Moto Guzzi unveils new V7 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Milan Show: Moto Guzzi unveils new V7

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Milan Show: Moto Guzzi unveils new V7

Moto Guzzi has unveiled two new versions of its V7 Roadster at the Milan show, both also powered by an updated version of its 750cc Transverse V-Twin.  The new engine is outwardly similar to the old version, but features an all-new top end, including head, pistons, and induction which boosts power and torque by 10 per cent (the current bike puts...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 November 2011 13:00)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Correct me if Im wrong but that looks like a front drum brake on the two tone model!

Reply to this Topic
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

drum brakes

surely thats a massive step backwards...no thanks

Reply to this Topic
laverda668

Jul 04

laverda668 says:

Love the drum front end - retro chic! The V7 racer would make a lovely ride, I'm sure. Only issue I can see if the lack of skills these days to set up a decent drum brake. Only old geezers and a few racers will know how...

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

beautiful

Hmm like the V7 racer its beautiful. The bikes not bad either...

Reply to this Topic
andybiker

May 07

andybiker says:

Beautiful but...

... the Roadster looks like a beefed up version of my old V50.

The racer-styled version, on the other hand, ticks all the retro boxes but I reckon the front drum would (and should) be replaced by a disc if it ever went into production. It really draws on the Guzzi heritage – the nearest Guzzi has come to a replacement Le mans – but it would need up to date performance, which I doubt the V7 engine could give.

Give it a new more powerful engine to rival Ducati and Guzzi would be on to a winner, I reckon. And it might appease Rowdygimly who has a point.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Alloys at last!

Am very much liking the alloys on that black one.

Transforms the bike for me, makes it almost perfect.

I want one.

Yes I'm over 40 so have been around long enough to work out what the speed limit is and know that this Guzzi will easily cruise at it.

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

phooey

drum brakes can work well. in 1972 Ago hustled a 500 MV around the TT course at over 104mph with drum brakes (maybe the fastest ever drum brake lap)? The development has come along way since then. The average 20t  HGV doing 100 down the M1 has drum brakes! The hydraulic disc break leapfrogged the manual drum in the 70's but my early disc equiped RD Yam didn't stop half as well as my mates Norton TLS bike and in the wet - take the bus!

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

It's bizarre as the bike pictured has a drum on the front but a disc on the rear!

Reply to this Topic
perfectweb

Jan 05

perfectweb says:

Even with the reported 10% increase in hp/torque how do they only get 53hp and 44lb/ft out of a 750?

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

How they do it

They do it at low rpm with two cylinders, air cooling and pushrods for the valves.

Nice and simple like a real motorbike should be.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices