Skip to content

Discuss This Milan show video: Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Milan show video: Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Milan show video: Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200

Triumph's new Tiger Explorer 1200 adventure bike has been unveiled at the Milan show. The Tiger Explorer is set to be the most powerful shaft-driven adventure tourer for the foreseeable future, with its all-new inline three cylinder motor producing 135bhp. Laden with ABS, traction control and cruise control as standard the British firms BMW R1200GS rival is set to cost around £11,000...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 November 2011 17:18)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Arrow

Aug 02

Arrow says:

Just seen the video stopped it in several places then had a good look at the final drive, very similar in concept to my GSA. Lets hope it has a different bearing configuration which is the Achilles heal on GS/GSA,
For me I will wait for the XC version if there is one; more weather protection hopefully, wires wheels and 30+-litre fuel tank/s; with 135 bhp perfect for touring Europe.

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

20L + 259 Kg ??

yep this one's only got a 20L fuel tank.

but 259Kg wet? sounds a bit lardy to me...

def not one for the loose stuff!

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

This bike is, as people say, NOT an off-roader. I cannot imagine anyone considering this for a Paris-Dakar. It is like the SUVs. They are built to look like offroaders. Would anyone seriously take their BMW X3/5, Porsche Cayenne etc. offroad? Of course not! This bike is built for the businessmen who commute on a Beemer with all the extras so he looks like Ewan and Charlie. I really have nothing against it. I love Triumphs. I am on my second and will definitely repeat. Nonetheless, people should be more realistic about what they are looking at. By the way, if I gad spare cash and space, I would love this bike for two up trips around Europe and North Africa...

Reply to this Topic
alperosa

Apr 07

alperosa says:

I will be buying a new giant trailie type bike early next year, and the new triumph is on the short list, along with the moto guzzi stelvio, honda crosstourer but the bmw 1200gs is not on the list, its ancient, and due a major overhaul, I also think that its like being a sheep and blindly following everyone else, in fact its probably like owning a ford mondeo, everyone has one, and they are NOT as reliable as the press makes them out to be. I am a little dissapointed with the tank size of the triumph, 20ltr, same as bmw, but the stelvio has a hugh tank, 32 ltr, and yes it will make the bike a bit top heavy fuly fuelled, but you put in what you need, remember you can make a big one smaller, but you cant make a small one bigger. Maybe the honda will be to expensive when it comes out, the yamaha tenere is already overpriced, and the bmw's weight will go up a lot when its liquid cooled,

Reply to this Topic
nedski

May 03

nedski says:

Tiger Explorer

Wonder what the seat hight is?

I'm 6'2" and with the seat in the high position my GSA gives a very neutral sitting position and one foot flat on the ground when stopped.

The guy sitting on it in the video looks very cramped. Maybe he's just very tall.

I'd like to see Triumph go for an adventure style version with big tank, spoked wheel, crash bars, bash plate and luggage.

As it stands it looks like it could do well against the standard GS, which I think is too small.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

An impressive bike, but I'll still be buying the 800 Tiger next year coz for me, biggest isn't best. I'm sure Triumph will sell these by the lorry load and rightly so, but I prefer the manageablility of the smaller model. Might have a test ride at my local dealer though, just to see what I'm missing.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

11k ? i will have one

I have a 800xc and it has been a brilliant bike (done over 8k on it) and it is everything i want from a bike but i do like the new baby. i will have a test on it and the new Crosstourer, i will keep my 800 but use the 1200 for my main holiday if it is as good as it looks

Reply to this Topic
Poolhog

Nov 10

Poolhog says:

Hmmm

Whats with the hideous chrome Triumph badges, looks like they fell off a Austin Allegro. as for the rest of the bike ... well ive got an 800XC, love it and it does what i want 95% of the time, already put on it 10,000 miles. I had a BMW GSA, horrible bike, overated and sold it within 3 months, so do i want a heavier 1200 Tiger, no not at all, sticking with my 800 ... Nice attempt with the 1200... but those hideous badges have me reaching for my sun glasses ... styling fopar.

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

@Poolhog - if the badges bother you that much, buy a roll of black duct tape?

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Awful

What a horrible looking machine.

I say cover ALL of it up with black duct tape.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle