Skip to content

Discuss This Honda's incredible RC-E Tokyo Show concept New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda's incredible RC-E Tokyo Show concept

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Honda's incredible RC-E Tokyo Show concept

Honda will reveal this breathtaking electric sportsbike at the 42nd Tokyo Motor Show next month. Dubbed the RCE, the  road-legal supersport-style bike uses the large, powerful electric motor employed in the firm's Insight hybrid car. It's suspended front and rear by Ohlins TTX and is designed to "Pursue the joy of riding" says Honda. The firm promises "a powerful and smooth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 November 2011 09:35)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

And this where bike racing, as we know, it will eventually end. Out with combustion and in with electric. Not a nice thought but with resources being more and more scarce and expensive. It will happen, it's just a question of when.

Reply to this Topic
andybiker

May 07

andybiker says:

Still a flawed concept...

... because electric vehicles can't be refuelled as easily as fossil fuel vehicles therefore their range is extremely limited.

The only way electric vehicles will really take off is if all the manufacturers can agree on a single type and shape of battery that can be swapped at fuel stations just as we can replenish fuel now by filling up out tanks – when your battery is almost spent, pull in to a fuel station pay your money and swap it for a fully charged one.

Hydrogen is a much better bet.

Great looking bike, mind.

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

it looks a hell of a lot nicer than i thought electric bikes would look, hopefully it has a good range too

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

when they can do 6 laps off the TT at 130 avg with the same refuel times as a normal bike i may just maybe think about buying one till then bring me more 4 and 2 strokes

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Ride out = walk home.

There's not enough information to make an informed opinion however if ridden in a spirited fashion as a 600cc sportsbike then the range could be as low as 30miles. Manufacturers never tell the full story about the range/ parfomance trade of for these types of vehicles. They claim 100+ mile ranges but neglect to say thats only if commuting at around 30mph and there's next to no recharging points in city centres. Unless standard exchangeable batteries are developed electric vehicles are a dodo waiting to happen.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

If TONKA made Bikes.............

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

I certainly like the look and if competitive with other e-bikes I say bring it on!

Reply to this Topic
falcosparverius

Nov 11

I hope the concept becomes a reality in a show room soon.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

hope that gets built it looks great

Reply to this Topic
DMD73

May 08

DMD73 says:

I Want it!

Camon Honda, release it right away!!!!!

Reply to this Topic