Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Wilson and David Jones stick with Gearlink Kawasaki British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Ben Wilson and David Jones stick with Gearlink Kawasaki

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Wilson and David Jones stick with Gearlink Kawasaki

Gearlink Kawasaki have announced that Ben Wilson and David Jones are to ride for the team in 2012 Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport championship. Wilson missed out on the championship win by just one point, having stood on the podium eighteen times in 24 races. Wilson said: “I am delighted to be riding for Gearlink Kawasaki again next year. This will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 November 2011 16:45)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Shepshep

Aug 09

Shepshep says:

Ben Wilson

Ben Wilson should be progressing to at laest BSB, if not WSS or Moto2. Britain really wastes what talent it has. No wonder our last premiership win was back in 1981, before most current motorcycle racers were even born.

Reply to this Topic
yzfstu

Apr 04

yzfstu says:

Ben Wilson

Has nothing to prove in supersport. Miles ahead of the field last year along with Seeley. Should of at least thought about a move up to superbike. Seems a bit like lacking in ambition.

Reply to this Topic
daveelderton

May 09

daveelderton says:

quite agree with the comments. ben wilson has an amazing style and is so exciting to watch and is bloody quick. should  be in wss.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

I have to agree

Ben deserves to and should be moving to bsb, He has nothing to gain and all to lose by staying in 600's ,A good team and no disrespect to them or Ben ,but while he is young enough and on a high he should ride the wave,Iam sorry not to see him make the step up as he was awesome last season and I think he would of really made his mark at the next level I cant see what he will gain remaining in this class

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

Staying safe!

Tend to agree with most comments,wonder if Ben feels safe with this team or a sense of loyalty! I realy think though he should have taken a chance and as said prehaps attempted a move to WSS or BSB,I'm sure there was plenty of interest! However good luck to him for 2012,but dont leave a move to long Ben as time goes so quickly!!!!

Reply to this Topic
FLAT6CYL

Jul 11

FLAT6CYL says:

Brilliant Ben will........

eventually get a full works supported ride in something.I have to agree that Moto2 should be his aim to go on to greater things.He is absolutely brilliant to watch.He lost the championship because of a little bit of bad luck and a touch of over enthusiasm and aggression which caused him to crash a couple of times...especially those two late in the season.Alistair Seeley is a smoother rider ,no less agressive ,but has his diminutive size as an advantage when it comes power to weight ratios etc.He'll take the championship in 2012 without a doubt and is basically staying where he is because everything has always gone so well for him with Gearlink ,especially in 2011.

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

Ben

Great rider, shame he's not a very nice bloke though!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

mattleon why so ?

I note your comments but,any justification ??

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

i think

ben as made the right choice, love to watch him ring the neck out of the kwak, would be good to see how he would go on a bsb bike tho, he reminds me of walker, balls out, giving it everything, only trouble is there riding styles dont seem to make the tyres last, so think the smaller bike is best for ben.

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

moto 2

Good to see him back on the kwak with the gearlink outfit again but agree its a little lacking in ambition. His style has moto2 written all over it, would be great to see him trading passes with de angelas,redding and iannone.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices