You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > stolen bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

therese

Mar 09

therese says:

stolen bike

hi guys a friend of mine's son  rides a 125 bike. he has just taken it to the garage to have some work done it and they have called him to say that they think the bike may be stolen as chassie number not tally with v5 docs. apart from reporting it to the police is there anything else he should do. he could try to pursue the original owner who he bought it from as it was a private sale but apart from that can't think of anything else. i take it the police are likely to take the bike away when he has reported it to them. was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so what did you do thanks therese

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 November 2011 12:56)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Stolen bike

My first question would be how does the dealer know?  You don't normally take your V5 to a dealer when getting the bike worked on so this seems a little unusual. 

That aside, the Police would not normally take the bike unless it has been reported stolen and shows up on their records as such.  

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

How old is it?

how many previous registered owners has it had? I'm assuming only one?

I'm also curious as to how / why dealer has V5 details if its simply getting work done?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices