Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 KTM Duke: most potent single-cylinder road bike ever New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2012 KTM Duke: most potent single-cylinder road bike ever

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

2012 KTM Duke: most potent single-cylinder road bike ever

More power, less weight, improved refinement and ABS as standard  - the new KTM 690 Duke promises to be more fun, easier to ride and safer. Now making a claimed 70bhp, it’s also the most powerful single-cylinder bike ever. The 690 Duke’s 654cc engine has been comprehensively reworked, and now has a twin-spark head and an electronic ride-by-wire throttle system. Power...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 November 2011 11:32)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
minceheid

Nov 11

minceheid says:

Bring it on!, I'll have one, but only if they've increased the size of the fuel tank :-/

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

I have an '09 with the belly/under engine exhaust. It's great. Count yourself luck over there, they stopped importing these into US in 2011.

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

Looks a bit like the Z750 now, not that thats necessarily a bad thing..

No way in hell it will be £6000.  Expect £6500+!

Reply to this Topic
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

fair play engineering

70bhp out of a single four stroke with over 6000 miles between oil changes is bloody good work. 6k my arse 7k more like, shame you cant get it without ABS

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

DUKE 690.......2012

Someone one here commented, "Looks a bit like a Z750",really?:hmmm: Personally i think the bike looks shit.:shock: KTM had the chance to make the DUKE 690 look fantastic but as usual,stopped short of the final pen stroke. For a start,KTM if ya listening `GET RID OF THAT HIDEOUS LOOKING SWINGARM'. looks inside out,very unsightly and tacky.Secondly the seat and side panel configuration looks an after thought.The exhaust,the stubby silencer looks the biz until your eye travels southward to the big box under the engine and then to the `Curly Wurly' headers.Surely a belly pan could have been used to DISGUISE THE BOX?:blink: Apart from theses gripes the bike would be gr8. KTM ...close but no cigar,what you need,is an R version like its bigger sibling and i mean LIKE ITS BIGGER SIBLING!!!:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gfreris

Nov 11

gfreris says:

Awesome

I've been reading about singles with some grunt and when I saw the 690 Stunt I was hopeful they'd put it into production. If it's well priced, it will sell well in Australia. The styling is timed correctly and with a good price it will be a strong competitor to the Ducati Monster and that good looking Pommy bike with 3 cylinders (Speed). hahahah

Reply to this Topic
dnpenn

Nov 11

dnpenn says:

Great but....

...when will KTM produce a 690 Adventure?

Reply to this Topic
patkin

Aug 02

patkin says:

Awesome

As soon as I saw it at the NEC I knew I'd made a mistake buying a new Tuono V4 APRC, so I bought the new Duke 1st March, it's a fantastic machine and my V4 is mostly confined to my garage.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices