Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki poised to officially confirm MotoGP withdrawal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki poised to officially confirm MotoGP withdrawal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki poised to officially confirm MotoGP withdrawal

Suzuki is expected to officially confirm it will withdraw from the MotoGP world championship before the end of this week. The Japanese factory was set a deadline by Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta to commit to the new 1000cc MotoGP class by last Friday (November 11), as was first reported by MCN. There was no public confirmation from Suzuki that it would continue...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 November 2011 11:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

I saw an article last night

that says it mainly has to do w/ VW and Suzuki's desire to focus on bikes less, and having a team in MotoGP gives no return on investment.

It sucks to see another factory team leave MotoGP, because the CRTs will add nothing to the fight at the front.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedweek.de%2FMotoGP%2Fnews%2F22873%2FSteigt-Suzuki-doch-aus.html

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

22 bikes on the grid ha and 18 never seen after the second lap coz they will be getting lapped pretty quick ...suzuki have done shit for yrs and finally have a weapon and they withdraw ..just goes to show how much effort factorys put into their superbikes considering the gsxr dominated in certain championships yet when it matters yam and hon kick arse in gps so on that basis if yam and hon wanted theyd make bikes to beat the gsxr all day long ..just my opinion..if this isnt the case then how can suz make such a strong bike yet the moto gp bike struggled and not for one season ? it baffles me abit but it has to be noted kawasakis first gp bike was a bored out zx7 engine or so the rumor was  hence gp racing is not transferable in any way ..im waffling coz im at home bored

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Suzuki won't cut it in WSB

The bike hasn't been competitive enough against the current flock of soon-to-be-updated-on-track RSV4's or S1000RR's let alone Carlos Checa or the R1's. And the ZX-10. The road bike is in it's 3rd year in current guise and was behind the opposition when it was launched. No doubt Suzuki are poised to make a decision on the radical 2013 GSX-R1000 featuring, as a first on a sportsbike, a selection of reverse gears to get oneself out of dangerous/uncompetitive situations quickly.

I wonder if John Hopkins is still holding out for the GSV-R ride ;)

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Suckzuki

I feel sad for us Suzuki fans, first they bring out a lack-lustre GSXR1000 when I was kind of hoping/expecting a bang up to date K5. Now they’re pulling out of motogp, when they were starting to perform. Maybe Honda should just supply all the bikes for next year, at least that way we’d get some proper racing. Stoner is an extremely talented rider but I’d like to see him have to really fight for a championship instead of being gifted one (through no fault of his own).

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

First Kawasaki,now Suzuki & it'll be Ducati next to drop out.This championship has deteriorated since the introduction of 4 strokes & the CRT bikes will do nothing to stop the rot.It's the end of the road unless a new formula is dreampt up sharpish & the Spanish control of the series is stopped.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Bit sneaky how they have kept stringing everyone along right till the end after missing numerous 'deadlines' to state what their intentions were. Typical cynical behavior of an employer to keep its employees noses to the grindstone as long as possible by offering false hope that they were going to stay in MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

sadly this was never in doubt

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Piss Poor Performance Suzuki

you dump on WSBK and then dump on MotoGP.

if your level of commitment in the sport is zero, my and I expect many others commitment to the Suzuki brand will be zero.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

PS

dont forget to mail Suzuki to express your annoyance at thier behaviour: http://ccr.suzuki.co.uk/

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Good get out!

Just concentrate on the production bikes as that's why you are selling bikes.  Get a good platform in WSBK and you'll get your respect back rather than languishing around in 7th or 10th place in the GP's.  Suzuki only got it right when Sheene and Shwantz were riding in the 2-stroke era....Kenny Jr. won his title on a second rate bike!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices