Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki poised to officially confirm MotoGP withdrawal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki poised to officially confirm MotoGP withdrawal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki poised to officially confirm MotoGP withdrawal

Suzuki is expected to officially confirm it will withdraw from the MotoGP world championship before the end of this week. The Japanese factory was set a deadline by Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta to commit to the new 1000cc MotoGP class by last Friday (November 11), as was first reported by MCN. There was no public confirmation from Suzuki that it would continue...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 November 2011 11:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Ratchetman

I agree with your comments, especially if they sign 'The Hopper' to ride. I would also imagine that a WSB Title and a presence in this series would help sales.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I think another manufacturer pulling out will be hard for moto gp but people will still watch regardless, but the crt teams need to be competative or it really will turn into a tumble weed competition.

As for the proposed rule for 2013, i think it maybe a step to far for what is supposed to be a prototype series.

On another note i would love to see the likes of Rossi, Stoner and Co in world superbikes with 100% full factory support  with Kawaski and Suzuki having a real chance of winning with top riders.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

If only they had....

Signed Casey Stoner in 2007 they would have one of the winningest bikes of the 800 era, being an english team that would never happen though, you really blew it paul denning.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Princeofrepsol

I assume by your comment that you are from a nation with an inferiority complex because you are not English. Shame.

Stoner is not the answer to everything. Please refer to season 08,09 &10.

Denning is a Great Manager. What do you do; no doubt you are a Captain of Industry (Not) to make such comments about an Established Team Manager.

Reply to this Topic
rizla1962

Jan 09

rizla1962 says:

Princeofrepsol

Totally agree with RobTZ. Paul Denning is a very good manager. What made him look bad was the factory behind the man! The support was, at best, luke warm! You can't run a team at the front of a championship if the support (money) isn't there!

Paul Denning has been loyal to his employers without a word of criticism. I hope he and his staff find good jobs within the industry. As for Suzuki ( and i've been a Suzuki man all my life!) they are obviously in the sh*t, financially, take a look at the "new" GSXR 1000. They have handled this saga really badly and should leave with shame and their head bowed very low!!!

Reply to this Topic
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

wap

Weak As Piss!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

Disgusting

If a team like Suzuki are pulling out of GPs then the series really is in trouble. Look how long they have been there, also the world champoinships they've won. I never thought one of the big 3 would leave.

I also feel the treatment and support of Paul Denning has been terrible, he's a Suzuki man through and through, 100% loyal to the factory, and his team have gradually transformed the bike from a dog into a genuine top 5 bike, amongst amazing Hondas and Yamahas.

The least Suzuki could do is full factory support to Cresent in the World supers.

Reply to this Topic
halfmanhalfninja

Feb 09

Just go...

Is this the most drawn-out bullshit event in MotoGP history, or what?

A few weeks ago, I did care that Suzuki took part in the series, but the way that they have strung their decision out just pisses me off - so what the owner, crew and potential riders must feel about all this is beyond me.

So just go. Now.

Reply to this Topic
steveingle82

Jun 06

steveingle82 says:

Feel for Paul Denning

Always been a fan of Paul Denning from his time in BSB. Always honest in interviews and has the teams interest at heart. From what he says seems like has been completely left in the dark about what is happening in Japan, and for someone that's given so much to Suzuki, is atrocious.

Love Suzuki road bikes, my 2 last bikes have been, but surely this will leave them behind Yamaha and Honda in terms of development.

Agree with a lot of others though, will be glad when this saga is finally over!

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

How Long

How Long have Suzuki been in GP's?? Must be a long time??? Remember the Glory Days, Sheene on the RG in the 70's; Schwantz on the RGV and not forgetting K. Roberts Jnr title in 2000. Shame.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices