Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki poised to officially confirm MotoGP withdrawal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki poised to officially confirm MotoGP withdrawal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki poised to officially confirm MotoGP withdrawal

Suzuki is expected to officially confirm it will withdraw from the MotoGP world championship before the end of this week. The Japanese factory was set a deadline by Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta to commit to the new 1000cc MotoGP class by last Friday (November 11), as was first reported by MCN. There was no public confirmation from Suzuki that it would continue...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 November 2011 11:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

steveingle82

Feel for Paul Denning.......... Ginger Prick

Reply to this Topic
bishbop

Apr 10

bishbop says:

this a dark day for suzuki and motogp. this is not good, where is hopper gunna go?

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Suzuki bikes have been going down hill for years, still, it'll be a shame when and if they leave Motogp, and an even bigger shame for their road bikes that will just get left even further behind in development!

And I see the schoolkids are about on here again ↓↓↓↓

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

hmm.

whats the point, its not like they are going to win the title next year anyway, they don't have the rider, they are too late with developing the 1000, and the 800 will be no where near enough competetive.

by the end of 2012 hey will have spent all year developing a bike (1000), that might be useless come 2013 when all bikes could change to CRT.

its a shame, but i think CRT is the way to go, this ear of Motogp has become predictable,costly and  downright boring(at times!).

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

suzuki out till 2014 ?

So that's the latest Suzuki out of MOTOGP Hope to return in 2014. I'm gutted but hope they pull together. Hopkins in WSB alongside Camier Looks like my next bikes a bmw, nether thought I would say that

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

suzuki out till 2014 ?

So that's the latest Suzuki out of MOTOGP Hope to return in 2014. I'm gutted but hope they pull together. Hopkins in WSB alongside Camier Looks like my next bikes a bmw, nether thought I would say that

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Unusual but

I agree with the general sentiment of the posts on here.

The financial crisis has hit all manufacturers equally. 
It doesn`t say much for Suzuki does it? I suppose its the opposite of a million pound advert for the brand...its like saying, "don`t buy a Suzuki, we`re crap". 
Good luck to them in trying to rebuild customer confidence. 
They just don`t get the bikers mindset. If Renault withdrew from F1 it would be hard to imagine anyone who`s looking for a car buying a citroen in disgust.

Anyway, can the detractors of Ducati who infest these boards now show a little respect for a much smaller factory battling hard and showing great determination to improve their bikes, in the face of great disappointments this year. :smile

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1969

Apr 04

gsxr1969 says:

Is it Suzuki's fault ?

The delay in their announcement can be looked at in 2 ways. I believe it shows that despite the financial slippery slope Suzuki are on (with regards to MotoGP budget) that their absolute desire was to continue with MotoGP. Battles between the heart (passion) and the head (financial). None of us know the conversations and lobbying that may have gone on in the background with Dorna with reference to technical regulations with Suzuki fighting their corner. I'm sure that Suzuki have not been silent on this point and have been pushing for changes to make racing more affordable / balanced. The money that Repsol give Honda, Fiat to Yamaha and Marlboro to Ducati cpntributes substantially to the overall budget and imbalances the motogp field. How much do Rizla pay ? Sad to see Suzuki go with the rest. Kawasaki, Aprilia, Ilmor, Kenny Roberts, MZ. None of these teams lacked racing desire. As a side note - I would like to see MCN bring us a detailed article about the current financial aspect of MotoGP. The budgets from manufacturers (as a % of motorcycle sales) Sponsor budgets etc. I'd like to see some good, intelligent investigative journalism from MCN rather than just relaying and commenting on press releases.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

gsxr1969

I have to agree with your last paragraph , the tuest words I have ever read on this site.

Come on MCN lets see if you've got the balls and know how to investigate and tell it like it is.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Suzuki

Bought a Pepsi Gamma as it was going round a track every week, it would of been wise to stick a Gixxer engine in a 800 frame and continue not stack and fold. I wonder what Yam and Honda think? Does it help their brand or damage the championship hurting all - So come on MCN get those pencils sharp and investigate something.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices