Skip to content

General Wheelies; are they worth it? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Wheelies; are they worth it?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ChallengeAccepted

Nov 11

Wheelies; are they worth it?

I'm not sure if I'm really considering to try them. Just wondering whether the fun is worth the risk :wink:

CA

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 November 2011 21:00)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

@aehewitt n whiskers

I hear what you`re saying about the Helmsley car park enforcer, but the problem is easily solved.

i.e. all bikers want to park their bikes together, so others can admire them, and for that privilege they must pay £1. I park in one of many gaps around the square and behind the market place and walk the 50yds to get me tea and bun. The only sad thing is, no-one can admire my bike. But I`ll live with that thank you very much!!! A quid is, as they say.....a quid.

See you in Helmo next year!!!!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

I never

got this rich by giving bloody councils my brass willy nilly!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Oh!

No I don`t think they are worth it. My son wrecked his R6`s engine by riding it constantly on the back wheel, due to the oil starvation up top. He wouldn`t be told.

I had to do the rebuilding though, it goes without saying, thank you very much.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

cheeky monkey

I can tell your a Yorkshire man..Its all turned into a bit of a game with the parking man,sometimes we pay but most times we don't.Soon as he starts walking over every one starts putting there lids on and does one.:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Chuffin Quid!!??

Last time I was at Helmsley it were 50p, flamin highway robbery!! Like you AEH I only stop until the warden sidled up then continue on my journey. Might be a prob if you're halfway through your teacake though, hmmm, cup holder on tank wi' a straw, small bag attached to inside or screen for teacake and problem solved(ish!):wacko:

Smoto, teacakes are'nt the only option but I don't think doughnuts are on the menu especially not round the monument, the bus queue would get in the way!:blink:    

Reply to this Topic
scotmoto

Feb 10

scotmoto says:

no way

i had to shell out £260 for steering bearings on my RSV and had to do without it for 10 days...gutted.

i have gave up wheelies...... 

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Bus queue?

nice game of skittles there too then? :shock: :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Andyvfr1

Apr 10

Andyvfr1 says:

Personally

i wouldnt class experience as how many years you've got under your belt or how many miles you've got under your belt.

Surely experience is determined by how many lessons you've learned, and for the most part, lessons are learned from messing up. Sure your more likely to get hurt dicking about but you'll learn.

Find an empty car park or a quiet straight road, wait for the summer, get some more miles under your belt, watch some guides on wheelies and take it easy and build yourself up, just start with little bounces.

Dont listen to all the boring old farts, they all dicked around when they were young, thats how they learned it was stupid. Better to do it now while your made of rubber and got enough balls to actually do it rather than getting old and regretting never learning.

EDIT: Oh and your early wheelies will be crap and WILL hurt your bike, and any wheelies carried out past young ladies will result in you looking like and idiot. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

andy

when youve lost a lot of good m8s to f***ingaround

also theres a newbie on here called girlybiker read her threads

if she had asked the question it would have been a totaly diff answer ..she has her riding head on shes not full of her own self briliance same as jimmy wizz

im sorry CA but i said it b4 your a big T

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
ChallengeAccepted

Nov 11

Brutale R

You're just getting rude now.

I've said twice that I don't actually want to do wheelies, but yet you're still telling me i'm an idiot and I'm going to kill myself.
If all you do is come on here to mock riders with less experience than you, asking genuine questions, I'd rather you didn't do it on my posts. 
I can appreciate why you feel passionately about the subject, but that doesn't license you to go around having a go at people asking questions. 
On top of that, you've clearly not even read my responses, as you have your own agenda to talk about on this thread.
Thanks, but no thanks. Don't bother responding with another arrogant comment.

Cheers,
CA.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices