Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

valentinoGOD

Jun 10

valentinoGOD says:

Crash

Hi everyone,

I had a crash on the 30th september this year, resulted in every panel needing to be replaced, no chassis, wingarm, steering or sub frame damage, they are still perfect. I'm thinking about upgrading to an R6 2008. I asked my dealers about selling it to them or part ex-changing it and they offered me £2300 for it, its not a CAT. It looks brand new, and rides perfect like it always did, always looked after and everything. Only 1800miles on the clock.

I was told by one of my dads friends that as its only panel damage and nothing else, he said i dont have to tell the buyer about the crash and that i could get a higher amount of money like £2800. But couldnt this get me into serious trouble? Any help but be some help :) Cheers.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 November 2011 13:13)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
flatspots

Aug 09

flatspots says:

Hello, If it's clean as far as the insurance is concerned then it's my understanding that you do not have to volunteer the information. As long as your ad is representative of the bike you should be fine. However if the buyer asked me if it's been dropped or crashed, I would declare it and explain the repair works done.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Selling a crashed bike

Buyer beware is the usual state of affairs when buying privately.  Either way you are likely to achieve a better price in a private sale than by trading in.  Make sure your description of the bike is fair and, if somesone does ask about a crash, be honest.  This way if the bike has been properly repaired and there are no residual 'problems' then buyer is likely to believe you.  Treat any potential purchaser with the same honesty and consideration that you, in turn, would like from them if the situation was reversed. 

One final point, if you sell now prices will be depressed as winter is on its way.  If you want to get a better return on it sell in the spring. 

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

Good on you for accepting its your own fault. Most people lack that capacity to acknowledge something is their fault.

Fix it, and if the buyers asks, you must tell them, but if they don't, then you don't.

It would be nice if you were to say, and it would reflect better on you as you would seem more honest, and people prefer buying bikes from honest people. Don't talk the bike down though, just say it was involved in a crash, but I fixed it, and let them judge the quality of the fixing.

Sell in spring, bikes (Particullarly sportsbikes) are worth more then.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices