Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding impressed with Kalex chassis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding impressed with Kalex chassis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding impressed with Kalex chassis

British rider Scott Redding produced an impressive performance on the new Kalex chassis he will race in the 2012 Moto2 world championship at the start of a three-day test in Valencia yesterday. The 18-year-old ended the opening day in third place on the unofficial timesheets as he got his first chance to evaluate the Kalex frame in dry conditions. The Marc VDS...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 November 2011 10:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stumpyjock

Aug 02

stumpyjock says:

Lol, I really like Scott as a rider and he seems like a genuinely nice lad too. I guess you've got to put the 'Side Show Bob' hairdo down to youthful exuberance!

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

A really talented rider it would be nice if the bike rider weight combination was equal on all bikes then we really would see his true potentaul

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

LMAO at that

comment from Ratchetman....you would make some riders look at that as an insult. The 2011 Moto2 WC and 3rd place riders especially. 

Andrea Iannone  Weight  67kg (147.7lbs)  Height: 178 cm (5'10.1")

Stephan Bradl Weight  61 kg(134.5lbs)  Height: 170 cm (5'7")

Bradley Smith Weight: 63 kg  (139lbs)  Height: 179 cm (5'10.5")

Marc Marquez  Weight: 57 kg (126lbs) Height: 168 cm (5'6")

You would think that we are talking giantism (like David and Goliath) here according to Ratchetman and his comparison of Marc Marquez to the others.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Weight

Milky - Hi - What is Redding's weight?  (where did you get those??).

These guys are searching for tenths of seconds in lap times and a difference of say 10kg is massive.

In karting you can just weigh the drivers and hand out the trophies without bothering with the race.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Style

Love Redding's cornering style - get that elbow down...

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

CameronLeeds

Scott Redding Weight: 74 kg (163lbs)  Height: 182 cm (5'11.7")
Yonny Hernandez  Weight: 73 kg (161lbs)  Height: 183 cm (6')

2.2 pounds = 1 kg

http://www.motogp.com/en/riders/Moto2

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

seems no coincidence

that the 2 most successful riders in Moto2 are also the lightest........?

Redding is defo hampered by his size and weight

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

News: Marquez not an Alien!!

Milky - Hi - many thanks for those weights - that changes everything.

They confirm Ratchetman's view:

You reckon Scott Redding weighs 17kg more than Marquez. 

That is more than 2 1/2 stone extra to carry around!!

With bike, leathers and helmet and Scott's overall weight is about 8% more than Marquez's. 

If  2 1/2 stone was added to Marquez's bike would he be as fast?  I don't think so.

Marquez is not an Alien - he's just carrying a lot less weight.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

scott redding

i am scott uncle and i will tell u all the truth ..scott manager from the marc vds team had a meeting in the week with MOTOGP bosses about the weight issue in moto2 it was a waste of time they will do nothing about it .it will stay the same .... IT,S VERY SIMPLE MARC MARQUEZ IS SPANISH ESPERANTO IS THE BOSS OF THE MOTOGP AND SPANISH AND THE MANAGER OF MAROUEZ YOU WORK IT OUT ?

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Oh my Oh my!!

Marco Simoncelli stats were: Weight: 76 kg (168lbs)  Height: 183 cm (6'). Poor Scott would have gotten a whoop ass from MARCO SIC. IN ANY cc  CATEGORY, add to that too, Marco would have handed Marc Marquez his ass on a platter. Currently, I rate Andrea Iannone is alot faster than Marc M. Please don't moan for the little readhead. If he can't handle it in the top 5 then he should muck off and let others do it.

Don't make racing a racist thing, you clucking Brits have all gone bonkers with the mucking drought you have had currently in the elite class of motorbike racing. Look at it this way....at least you still have your lil national BSB racing LMAO!!!!.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices