Skip to content

Discuss This Techy Kawasaki Versys 1000 is dark horse of class New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Techy Kawasaki Versys 1000 is dark horse of class

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Techy Kawasaki Versys 1000 is dark horse of class

Despite its derivative styling and the impression of parts sourced from other bikes, Kawasaki’s new entrant into the adventure bike class is much more than a Z1000 in new clothes, MCN can now reveal. In fact, with switchable traction control, ABS, switchable power modes, easily adjustable screen and suspension and impressive tank and luggage capacity, the new Versys 1000 is instead...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 November 2011 11:52)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Versys 1000.Clever ?

I have to say, i think this is a great effort from kawasaki. I heard from a reliable source before the summer that this was 110% coming but the engine had yet to be decided, parallel twin /  inline four.

The price is right, spec is right, it should sell ?  Design might be quirky but it doesnt have to be all sharp / pinty or duck billed does it ?!

:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

VERSYS V'S MIRROR CRACKED?

What on earth,are KAWASAKI doing !!? No matter how good the ride,this bike looks like the proverbial ugly girl that goes like the clappers in bed but you hope won't ask you to dance at the school prom. Its basically the Z1000 with long legs different subframe,retuned engine no doubt and different clothes. That exhaust,i don't know what the Japanese designers are smoking but they want to stop!!! You can nearly always tell its gonna be ugly or not quite right by the way the pic is taken from an angle,never side on.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

Adventure bike my fat, white arse

Charlie and Ian have got a lot to answer for IMHO. These bikes are the motorcycling equivalent of urking great 4x4's being driven by townies - just in case there's a leaf on the road - and they will never see a stretch of gravel much less a feckin adventure.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

Banzai600

i agree mate ,i think the beaky look is weird.Do they have any benefit ? All the manufacturers seem to be doing that look so i would genuinely like to know if it has a purpose,if so fair enough if not then i dont get it.

Reply to this Topic
ND1234

Oct 11

ND1234 says:

Same as Honda?

Surprisingly similar to Honda's cross dresser tourer pic.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

One of the worse designs Kawasaki has come up with (love most of their bike designs). The Versys 650 looks 10 times better. They should have learned from the VStrom experience. Great bike with great potential held back in the sales department by it's appearance.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Putting an ugly, chubby model next to the bike in the showroom would have helped make the bike look better too. :)

Reply to this Topic
stickywicket

Jul 10

stickywicket says:

......and just incase you were tempted by the looks ....it is also available in brown!!

When the Multistrada was first pictured the beak was the subject of ridicule. At least that had a function as air intakes.

i wouldnt blame Charlie and Ewan. think of all the pretend "Rossi's" on the road with their race replicas that will never ever see a race track.

Bikers are getting older and moving to a more comfortable riding postion as years on sportsbikes take their toll on old bones and joints.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices