Skip to content

Discuss This Top bike insurer says: ‘No more than three mods, whatever they are’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Top bike insurer says: ‘No more than three mods, whatever they are’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Top bike insurer says: ‘No more than three mods, whatever they are’

One of Britain’s biggest motorcycle insurers is refusing to cover machines with more than three modifications, irrespective of what they are. Bikes with four minor alterations such as a sticker are automatically rejected by Bennetts Insurance while those with three major modifications including nitrous oxide may not be. Potential customers are asked to identify modifications to their bike by choosing from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 November 2011 12:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gravelrash

Aug 02

gravelrash says:

Ratners

This is Bennett's Gerald Ratner moment! Bye Bye and good riddance.

Reply to this Topic
brassneck

Sep 11

brassneck says:

bennets insurance

no support from biker insurance company bennets, well no prob , i will not be useing them or any of our club, can take our money but dont really like bikes or bikers, thier loss not ours

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Developed by robots used by car drivers. Lerts see what happens when they apply it to cars. Oh of course they won't because cars are not as dangerous as bikes.

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Developed by robots used by car drivers. Lerts see what happens when they apply it to cars. Oh of course they won't because cars are not as dangerous as bikes.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

bikers shouldnt be penilised for customising their motorcycle. Many bikers see customisation of their bike is a way of life. A sticker is definately not going to affect your riding much. Adding nitrus oxide to your bike might raise a few eyebrows though , I could see it for soemthing like that. But everything aesthetics should not reflect a bad riding style. In fact if someone looks after their bike to that extent , then shouldnt they be given DISCOUNTS? If i had fitted something to make my bike look better then i would want to keep it looking good so i wouldnt be being an arse out on the roads.

Yet another reason to choose MCE..

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

Ratners

Well said Gravelrash, a definite 'Gerald Ratner pronouncement' in the history of motorcycling.

Just a quick count of what I've got on my sport-tourer: Autocom, satnav, heated grips, HID headlights, LED sidelights, LED strip lights, seat cover, tank pad, fender extenders(2), aftermarket can(legal), Mich PR3 tyres, maker's larger screen, + laminar lip, maker's top box, aluminium plate rack. Total = 17.

Bye-bye Bennetts!

Reply to this Topic
StephenVTayler

Nov 11

Bye Bye Bennett's and good riddance

I have just written a letter to Bennett's informing them that they are not to renew my bike policies at renewal time. I have given then plenty of notice, but I have taken it a step further and also written to my bank asking them not to honour any requests from Bennett's motorcycle insurance around the time my insurance with them comes up for renewal.

If they still do still try to auto renew which from previous comments I fully expect them to try to do anyway. They will have the bank to deal with not me :)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices