Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati's 848 Streetfighter overpowers Triumph Street Triple R First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Ducati's 848 Streetfighter overpowers Triumph Street Triple R

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Ducati's 848 Streetfighter overpowers Triumph Street Triple R

Ducati say their Streetfighter 848 is suitable for riders who want Ducati’s legendary sports bike performance without the head down, arse up seating stance of a race replica. And our world first group test proves they are right. The Streetfighter 848 is Ducati’s usable naked Streetfighter (unlike its bigger brother), complete with traction control, data log facility and modern day styling. But...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 November 2011 13:22)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NewToN_

Jan 08

NewToN_ says:

I think I understand why MCN compare the Street Triple R with the 848 Streetfighter. It is because the 1098 Streetfighter exists and Triumph have the Speed Triple which they would bracket together irrespective of the price differential.

However back in the real world most riders buy bikes based on their cost and in this respect it is likely that for the 10k price of an 848 you will be able to get a Speed Triple R.

Then again Suzuki is selling off the last of the B-Kings for 8.5k which is less than the price of Street Triple R. Test ride both and I am sure you will make the same decision as me...

Reply to this Topic
factoryboy

Mar 10

factoryboy says:

848 vs street r

with about 2.5k price difference and bigger engine and being a ducati who's surprised its faster and judged a better bike than the street triple R no one i,m sure however this test seems pretty pointless to me what we need to see is a group test involving all the nakeds out there including the jap options the english options and the italian options and if you like the german options come on mcn get your finger out lets have a proper test of real world bikes earn your £1.99 a copy, you don't have to go off to an exotic location do it in the uk in november or december in the conditions most of us ride in everyday. RANT OVER !! my money is on the tuono V4 ................. discuss

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

i want both!

As I'm reading these comments I'm thinking that both these bikes have their respective strengths and weaknesses, what's struck me is it's quite an acheivement for the Street Trip to even be in the same test as the Duke. Basically, for very reasonable money you can get yourself something which with the right rider on board could seriously worry a much more expensive bike. Given the choice (if money was no issue), I'd prob go for the Duke, but only because it's the more expensive and exotic.. If i had to buy one of them with my own hard-earnt cash then it'd be the triumph.  No question.

Baz

Reply to this Topic
TripleM

Nov 11

TripleM says:

Hardly a fair fight!!

Well it seems Ducati have pulled out the bigger brother after the 675 Trumpy beat the 796 Monster in a comparo. The only thing you can compare in this review is both bikes weight is similar but to stack the little Trumpy up against the Duc which has 25-30 more horsepower and almost 19ft pounds iirc more torque hardly seems fair. Oh well looks like big brother taking care of business that little brother should have, although little brother itself is bigger than the Trumpy lol.

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Just Look At The Respective Prices

Typical Italian Motorcycle News journalism. They do like to protect their free bikes and foreign trips don't they!? I'll take the Triumph - an 850 Street Triple would wipe the floor with it. I think the "better on a track" comment about the Ducati says it all really. What with the Multipass, the Drivel, then the Pan o' Girls, now this. Come on MCN - can't you find another manufacturer to be sycophantic over for a change? The fawning is getting really tedious, especially about bikes that really don't mean a lot to the average rider - if it ain't out of reach prices, then it's practicality, or maybe even both.

Reply to this Topic
MrsDaytona675

Sep 11

I still lust after the Brit!...

Reply to this Topic
vactruckman985

Dec 11

Average rider????

Typical of an ignorant and arrogant youngster to state, so self assuredly I might add, that Ducati does'n't mean much to the average rider. Who do you think the "average rider" is? Crying about the price of a Duc are we? Work harder, longer, spend less time pissing on about the reviews of machines that, as you've made quite clear, couldn't be further from your reach. I think I'll follow your example and go protest Ferrari for not selling their machines for the price of a Ford, thus cruelly holding them away from the masses.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle