Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki reveals sub-£3500 Inazuma 250 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Suzuki reveals sub-£3500 Inazuma 250

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Suzuki reveals sub-£3500 Inazuma 250

Suzuki has launched an all-new 250 called the Inazuma at the NEC show. An all-new 248cc parallel twin powers what Suzuki says is B-King-influenced design for newcomers and returning riders. No price, power or weight figures have yet been announced, but MCN understands Suzuki will seek to undercut both the Kawasaki Ninja 250R (£4182) and the Honda CBR250R (£3688). The firm...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 November 2011 15:31)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leojapan

Nov 11

leojapan says:

"Inazuma" is suzuki's old model's name.

"INAZUMA" was suzuki's old 400cc,750cc,1200cc lineup models in 90s.

It has brembo calipers, showa shocks and oil cooling system.

INAZUMAs still have many enthusiasts now in japan.

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Made in China

Here in HK it is called GW250. http://www.ibike.com.hk/01_bike_report/12/suzuki/gw250/gw250.htm

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

GSR 250

This bike was unveiled around september 2009 as a GSR 250. So it's not really a new model now, but a welcome one nonetheless :-)

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/2010-suzuki-gsr250-revealed/7978.html

Reply to this Topic
lgoldup

Sep 11

lgoldup says:

Thoughts then?

So will it be as good as/better than the Kawa Ninja 250R, which pushes 32.(something)BHP, just under the legal limit for a 33BHP license? Looks like an interesting concept, just wondering if it being priced lower than a Kawa will mean it has less power?

Reply to this Topic
akaDan

Nov 11

akaDan says:

Thoughts.

if this bike really is just the GW250 brought over to the UK, expect a liquid cooled 4 stroke parallel twin putting out about 26bhp. with the price and styling i can see these selling a good few. not everybody wants a sportsbike/sports tourer like the mini CBR and Ninja, and theyre pretty much the main choices in the 250 market at the moment. this should open it up a bit, and with a few aftermarket modifications (read: new cans) it would be pretty appealing to some.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

liquid cooled twin.

this bike will make the ybr and cbf250 look pathetic.

i would seriously consider buyin one of these for going to and from work on , as well as a bit of fun.

looks like it could be a little tool for the bends. =D snake pass and b roads, im thinkin.

it would never replace my 916 or CBXthou,but  could be a fun little bike.

wonder what MPG is like.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Looks like it might succeed with learners and, as I've found in the past, old guys who can't hold up a big bike and look for something smaller instead. And, of course commuters. But, that hideous headlamp nacelle might make it awkward to fit a handlebar screen which a lot of commuters would like and if you can get round that, the only question mark then will be Suzuki's reputation for poor finish. I've seen so many rusty, tatty-looking Suzukis around, I'm suprised they havn't addressed that problem after all these years coz other than that, there bikes aren't half bad.

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

aha - suzuki rust

Yep, satnavsteve called it. Commuter bike, it'll live outside in our damp climate (damp, expensive beer, pricey fuel and nicholas parsons) hence will rust for a past-time. Whats that noise? Oh that, its my new suzuki rusting. Shame cos it'll probably be a good bike. Should have had it at the NEC draped in flesh. Nice.

Reply to this Topic
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

It'll no doubt rust fairly quickly. Not sure if any of these 250s are build in Japan anymore, the CBR isn't (India and Thailand, I think we get the Thai build one). Looking at the specs it looks like this will have the same power as the CBR, so less than the Ninja. However it weighs in at 183kg wet, a clear 20kg more than the CBR, but might be easier to ride being a twin. But 183kg .. for a 250!!

The price of the CBR has now shot up to £3950 for the non-ABS. Seems a lot to me for a 250, I've paid less for a new Hornet 600 in the past, but I guess this is the way things are going with bike prices in general. Supersport 1000s are now very silly prices new.

The pick of the 250s, for me at least, might be the new Honda CRF250L - hopefully it'll come in at less than the CBR.

Reply to this Topic
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

And another thing I don't quite get is why we pay so much for these 250s in the first place. I believe that both the CBR and this new Suzuki will cost you around £2000 in India - same bike, no matter that VAT is 20%, where does the price difference come from?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices