Skip to content

Discuss This Hopkins confirmed at Crescent Suzuki for WSB World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Hopkins confirmed at Crescent Suzuki for WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Hopkins confirmed at Crescent Suzuki for WSB

John Hopkins has re-signed for the Crescent Suzuki Racing team with a new deal that will see him compete in World Superbikes in 2012. The 28 year old American finished runner-up in the British Superbike championship in 2011 with a brilliant year long campaign, which revitalised his flailing career. Hopkins had been focussed on making a full time return to MotoGP...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 November 2011 09:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Nice one Hopper!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Go Hoppo

Cant help but feel a tad sorry for Hopper ( well as sorry as you can for a man thats paid loads to race bikes worldwide, loads of fame, and has a gorgeous lady!) Ahem... Seriously though he hung out for Suzuki in Moto GP when he could have gone to a Honda and with his Monster backing could maybe have found enough to lease factory machinery, and now his chance has disappeared. That said I guess he had opportunities in moto gp before so has at least had a shot and its rare to get a second chance in that paddock. Is great to see him back in racing and running at the front though and those dodgy few years seem behind him now :) Looking forward to seeing him mix it with the WSBK field !!

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

A Fan

After his performance at BSB last year I became a fan of the Hopper. I am pleased that he is in WSBK with a team that are caperable of winning. I would imagine that he is going to be ahead of Camier. Can't wait for the new season.

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

He probably could've been with a satellite GP team..

Too bad for Hopper, but I guess he's sticking with the people he knows best, they gave him a capable bike this past season, if not for bad luck he would've won the BSB title.  That unfortunately happens too much in this sport....what-ifs and maybes, but he was deserving of it.  With a good team that he knows of and a decent bike, he should be able to do the business in WSBK!

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

didnt really have any choice but to stay with them after the motoGP team pulled out

just hope the old bike will be up to it lol

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

Great 2012

Can't wait for next for next season,at least fans of WSB and BSB have something to look forward to....unlike MOTO GP!!!! All the best to Tommy and Hopper and the Crescent Suzuki squad for 2012.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

The whole.........

........ is sick with the slow motion world that is superbike racing.......

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Good move.

For Hopper IMO staying with the team he knows best also he could be one of the contenders for next years WSBK championship wouldn't be amazed if MotoGP teams came calling for his services.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

WORLD SUPER BIKES GAIN, MOTOGPS LOSS..It just goes to show what a state Motogp is in when their arnt enough works teams to sign the likes of Hopper.I know which series i would rather be watching next year and it aint Moto gp  

Reply to this Topic
elsa1234

Mar 09

elsa1234 says:

hopkins what a lift for wsbk to be honest he will be good for the championship motogp which is my first choice has gone from bad to in the crapper.

ducati sell bikes to private teams in motogp that are impossible to ride crt what a joke and to top it off suzuki pull out.

come on hopkins show moto gp what you got and what they have missed out on.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle