Skip to content

Discuss This Hopkins confirmed at Crescent Suzuki for WSB World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Hopkins confirmed at Crescent Suzuki for WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Hopkins confirmed at Crescent Suzuki for WSB

John Hopkins has re-signed for the Crescent Suzuki Racing team with a new deal that will see him compete in World Superbikes in 2012. The 28 year old American finished runner-up in the British Superbike championship in 2011 with a brilliant year long campaign, which revitalised his flailing career. Hopkins had been focussed on making a full time return to MotoGP...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 November 2011 09:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

I said this earlier

I said earlier you shouldnt go for sleepo gp, and you were going for suzuki, and now look. They finally decided to shoot that lame horse of a bike. You will have a better time in WSBK. Welcome  HOPPER!

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

motogpnorival - what utter nonsense.

Superbikes are hardly slow motion and lap most circuits within 2 seconds of what the MotoGP bikes do. If they were racing against each other that is a large difference, but in terms of comparable speed - you cannot see the difference.

Take Philip Island - in Superbikes Biaggi lapped at 1.32.012 last year and in MotoGP Stoner did 1.30.629 - that's a 1.4 second difference at one of the fastest circuits on the calendar.

If you enoy watching ever-so-slightly faster bikes following each other round with hardly any overtaking - then good look to you. As for a racing spectacle the British championship was by far the best series for wheel to wheel racing last year, followed by Moto2 - with MotoGP well down the list.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Sorted

Brilliant news and very well deserved.

As previously said ' moto gps loss = wsb gains

Best of luck for all the team next year.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

@ jason hall....too right mate....on the shared circuits (even tho they tend to shove in an extra chicane here and there to spoil the comparisons), it doesn't seem as if the extra second or so are worth the bother. Similar to late 90s, WSB has the edge in racing. GP is too factory dominated....Matt Oxley writes some gd stuff on this.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I agree with most.

WSB won the battle with MotoGP to sign Hopper MotoGP just recieved a shattering blow big time.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Zombie alert!!!

I'm come to the conclusion you're full of tripe Elbowz, which battle was this to sign John Hopkins? Suzuki knew at least this time last year they wouldn't be around and if they'd had their way they wouldn't have raced this season so that rules them out. Apparently LCR were briefly interested but not enough to actually sign him so that rules them out. Let's see HRC? Nope. Yamaha? Nope. Any Ducati? Nope. So that rules everyone else out. So who was battling again Elbowz? Do you really think any of the teams are kicking themselves right now because they didn't sign him? Next,

World Superbikes, before Crescent announced the switch who was Hopper in negotiation with Elbowz? C'mon it's not difficult. In fact had Crescent not decided to switch where would he have gone? He was still looking at the factory Suzuki ride when everyman and his dog knew they wouldn't be playing bike racing anymore. So, in short, Elbowz, as usual you're talking tripe.

vee4pilot: as a rule, if it's a 28 rider field you'll have 27 cases of bad luck come the seasons end, I dunno why this is, I've tried Googling it but I keep get directed to Scandinavian fetish sites instead. I like the idea that everyone should win at the end of the season though, perhaps Dorna should consider banning bad luck to level the playing field eh?

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

@cthwaites

wsbk is more factory dominated thats why ducati have won so many world championship

the rule were set it there favour

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

jamieg999

Where is Elbowz post you keep referring to ? I can't see it ? What did he say ?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

will it be

the shamshung creshant shasuki or Rizzla backed ?

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

@sheene fan....I can see why you say that with the ducati twins getting a 20% capacity advantage over the years but you still get 7 factories and 4-5 contenders in a race or season. Which is a heck of a lot more that GP. Also remember Ducati and Honda are technically factory teams in WSB

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices