Skip to content

Discuss This Brit bikes steal show at Motorcycle Live General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Brit bikes steal show at Motorcycle Live

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Brit bikes steal show at Motorcycle Live

British bikes proved a massive hit at the NEC Motorcycle Live show last weekend thanks to stunning displays from Triumph, Norton, Metisse and Royal Enfield. Triumph led the way, with show-goers swamping its stand to see the new Tiger Explorer, top-spec Speed Triple R and the firm acknowledging demand for its Steve McQueen Edition Bonneville looking set to overwhelm supply. Show-goers were...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 November 2011 10:41)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Eurosport TV Program

TV coverage of the show last night on Eurosport, cannot understand as to why Tony Carter and James Whitham did not mention the MV new models, was there a reason? 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

MCN....

This whole Triumph thing is getting a bit too comfy... as for the McQueen replica set to overwhelm supply..????? oh really? what you mean, they have found two buyers for the one bike ?????

Reply to this Topic
factoryboy

Mar 10

factoryboy says:

nec show

ok i get it they are british and we need to support all british industry but the whole triumph mcn thing is getting out of hand. and how can you say that the brits stole the show when it was near impossible to get on the ducati stand and impossible due to the number of people to get even a clear view of the panigale ! come on mcn lets have some realistic journalism in my opinion the whole paper needs a bloody good shake up starting at the top

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

come on MCN......

Bring on the new, not the re-makes, The future of Biking and Bikers is now. not 50 years ago. Ask any 17 year old what they want, it wouldn't be a McQueen lookalike or a Norton, or a Metisse, ect ect. God forbid they all stop at Scooters.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

???

Someone stole the show bikes?

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Hmmmm I was there on Saturday and both the Tiumph and Metisse stands were almost empty.

Notron faired  little better but then their stand was  a lot smaller and nearer the action (by that I mean they were near the Jap 4 and the Ducati stand)

Reply to this Topic
BlackTBird

Nov 09

BlackTBird says:

Went to the show on Saturday and I thought the vast majority of stands where fantastic.  In particular KTM, BMW, Honda, Kawasaki but I do think the Triumph being the pick of the bunch.  It was packed with most of the attention focused on the Tiger Explorer and Speed Tripple R.  Not my style of bike I prefer Trial and Cruiser (well sort of).  For me the best bikes on the planet are the T'Bird Storm closely followed by the Rocket Roadster.  I nice liitle 250 KTM and a Norton Comando 961SE would be welcome too.  I choose Triumph because they have the bikes that fit me best and I don't mind waving the flag and supporting British business at the same time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices