Skip to content

Discuss This British Superbikes to race at Assen in 2012 British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > British Superbikes to race at Assen in 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

British Superbikes to race at Assen in 2012

The 2012 MCE Insurance BSB calendar has been announced today (Monday) by series promoters MSVR and will incorporate a round of the championship at Assen, Holland for the first time in the history of the series. A field of 32 riders and 16 Elite teams representing six manufacturers conforming to brand new, ground breaking technical regulations will contest a new look...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 November 2011 14:40)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Sorry northernbloke

I wasn't commenting directly at you, just at the "general outrage"......I don't get it. I do think 3 rounds at Brands is 1 round too many, but other than that........?

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

One very unhappy BSB fan.

I have a great idea, why dont they remove Croft from the calender and include 3 rounds at Brands Hatch instead, oh shit I see they have thought of that already.

Croft is my local track and has seen some great racing over the years while on the BSB calender. Due to the removal of croft from the calender, I will not be traveling to other venues during 2012  as I have done in privious seasons.

Reply to this Topic
76rufus

Oct 06

76rufus says:

3 Rounds at Brands Hatch

3 rounds at Brands Hatch is fantastic for me as it is only 2 miles down the road, plus it is a fantastic venue with great facilities, access and parking.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Which Tracks

I can see that 3 rounds at Brands may be excessive. However, it is a Great Event / Venue (really enjoyed it this Summer). Oulton is my local track and I think this in the Number 1 venue with always a big crowd.

Can't speak for Croft as I have never been to a BSB Event there. However, the riders and fans from what I have heard appear to like the place, so it is a shame that it has been axed. Wheras is Knockhill popular with the Riders? Not sure.

I don't think having a round of the BSB in Assen is right. However if it draws the fans from the UK and Northern Europe then why not. The tracks that IMO should be considered for a 2nd round are Cadwell and Donnington.

What has made BSB this year is having the Hopper and Hill in it. With the Hopper going to WSBK, what is happening to Hill.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

BSB should come back to earth and realise that they are a British domestic race series and not WSB/MotoGP.  I don't supoose they really care about the paying public any longer, but 3 rounds at Brands Hatch and one in Holland seems to be pretty stupid organisation for a series that is supposed to cover the whole of UK?  Do you think that one round in the North of UK is a great idea for a national series? I know Jonathan Palmer thinks that Silverstone is probably  the far north but he is sadly mistaken :(

Croft has been a great venue for BSB and has been struglling to survive because of local nimbies and noise issues. They relied heavily on BSB and BTCC as their two profitable and succesful meetings of the year, so this may be the death of this historic circuit. Who's next? Cadwell? Mallory Park?

Unless people like BSB support the British circuits (not just the ones that Palmer happens to own!) then they will be killed off.

Shame on you BSB. I hope people vote with their feet/wallets and don't go to Assen, but I don't suppose that will bother you. 

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

What's next?

...rename it EU-SB?

So what exactly is the B for now? Because we have international bikes, ridden by international riders, and now on international circuits.

I'm not begrudging the international side, just confused as to why it's called BSB, when there's no singularity to the Brit part?

It's nearly as daft as saying ASBK having a race in NZ, or AMA going to Canada... I just don't get it.

Reply to this Topic
ZX10RACER

Nov 11

ZX10RACER says:

all for it

I think its excellent , Croft is very poor compared to Brands and Assen. Both brands and Assen always give excellent racing plus im sure the riders won`t miss croft!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Assen.

Is the rot setting in? Many 'national' sports are now 'spreading their wings' into foreign fields in the pursuit of more cash for the hallowed few and screw the rest. I personally think that Assen is a great idea regardless of the fact that BSB is our national series. It's just as easy for those from the North to go there as it is for myself and my friends in the South to get to Knockhill, for example, and it would be a fantastic w'end for all that attend this great/historical circuit. But would it stop at Assen?  I'm not so sure. That would be my worry.

As for 3 meets at Brands, it's my local track, i've raced there many many times, watched WSB there etc and despite the fact that it's a fantastic venue i feel 3 meets is one too many. Scrap the Indy circuit round, it's a pathetic track for a superbike! Stick one more round at Donington/Silverstone.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

b s b

i dont know if it is still possible but what about a reverse brands bsb for one of the meetings they used to do it for the hutchinson 100 years ago. i agree about the short circuit its 45 second lap is ridiculous for superbikes.i  d like to see a 2nd meeting at the new snetterton.i think cadwell needs a lot of work done  parts of the track  are downright dangerous for the modern bikes now.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

may c

They used to call the reverse meet at Brands .........'Hands Bratch', so i was told  20yrs ago. I'm fairly certain most of the Indy circuit would be fine but  i'm not so sure that the run-off at Clearways as it stands would suffice for anyone that went in too hot!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices