Skip to content

Discuss This British Superbikes to race at Assen in 2012 British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > British Superbikes to race at Assen in 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

British Superbikes to race at Assen in 2012

The 2012 MCE Insurance BSB calendar has been announced today (Monday) by series promoters MSVR and will incorporate a round of the championship at Assen, Holland for the first time in the history of the series. A field of 32 riders and 16 Elite teams representing six manufacturers conforming to brand new, ground breaking technical regulations will contest a new look...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 November 2011 14:40)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Big Bry 51

May 08

Big Bry 51 says:

BSB 2012

The removal of Croft from the BSB calendar is a kick in the teeth for those of us who live in the Northeast.

Financial gain is the only reason that Croft has been pulled and why Brands has got three race weekends.

As someone has already commented on, since when has Assen been part of the British Isles. 

I fear for the future of BSB as a national championship, how long before its the new WSB once that has been swallowed up into MotoGP so as to bolster an ever dwindling field of entrants. 

Think I'll subscribe to SKY ? its not the same as being there but hell of a lot cheaper.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Robtz

Excuse my bluntness but you have a lot off on here, and on this topic ,but you confess to not having been to croft,on that basis alone let me tell you to shut up,  croft has changed dramatically over the last 6 or 7yrs,but in honesty its still a shithole but, has easy access to the A1 so i have visited it for the last 7 years regularly, and for 15yrs occasionally ,we have seen zero improvement ,so on that basis alone tough luck croft you deserve to lose the round, but mallory deserves a go and cadwell always used to have two rounds a year in days gone bye ,and Rockingham get your act together ,great venue ,just make it bike friendly and we are all on a winner ,assen ? great venue great tradition ,but just not part of "our" championship,is nothing sacred today?,we are still " british" but only rarely allowed to be so:mad::mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
yiqiai

Nov 11

yiqiai says:

popbiz7

New Year, are you ready? Perhaps you are a gift for Christmas to worry about, no, do not, your choice will be very correct. Trust us, your support will be our biggest Hidenobu. popbiz7.c om

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

BSB

This is a joke decision i'm all for branching out and trying new things but have it as an extra round if needs be, don't get me wrong assen is superb but if bsb wanted new tracks how about anglesy, the organisers could even have gone to mondello park, rockingham or back to mallory, after all it's meant to be british superbikes i think dropping croft is a big mistake if one had to go then they should of dropped brands' indy circuit.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Assenholes

Bonkers , absolutely bonkers .

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

I may have been a little unfair to the BSB organisers in my ealier comments, as it appears that part of the decision to drop Croft this year was taken by the circuit themselves.

Croft is only allowed 40 days of circuit use per year because of the draconian 'noise nimby' court ruling (brought by the ex wife of the circuit owner - woman scorned and all that!). They have somehow decided that 3 days of BSB racing eats into too much of that time (although is their biggest weekend of the year by far) and they can make better use and make more money from corporate track days or whatever else they plan (They only have one other major meeting all year with BTCC).

However that still doesn't explain why BSB couldn't race at Anglesey, Rockingham, Pembrey or even another round at Cadwell.  The organisers obviously think that they will get more TV revenue from Assen so bugger the paying UK based spectator.

thestig08 - your comment about Croft being a shit hole is extremely poor. You obviously didn't visit Croft a few years ago to see what a massive improvement they have made with very limited resources and against a very determined court case aimed at closing them completely.  Rather then slag them off we should be supporting them and all of the smaller UK circuits threatened with closure by noise nimbies and local councils. 

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

brands bsb

several people in here have said the brands indy is to short including me  i think some of the riders have hinted the same . just a thought how about just before the bridge on the back straight have a link put in to join the track at  stirlings this  would make a superb medium sized circuit and wouldnt cost that much by todays standards or take long to install. how about it mr palmer.what do others in here think.

Reply to this Topic
CAPI300

Jun 10

CAPI300 says:

Pish

Cost cutting for the teams yet they expect fans to travel to Holland?? It's BRITISH Superbikes FFS. No race at Croft, my nearest track though still 1.5hrs away, is a real shame. I understand the limitations and the facilities arguments but that does not help anyone up north, or SW Scotland for that matter. I bet more riders dislike Brands Indy that Croft. 3 weekends at one circuit is a nonsense. I won't be going this year.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

may c

No need bud.

The GP circuit at Brands is fantastic to ride. By cutting the track down the back straight you'd be skipping the best part of the track (imo)............Surtees through to Dingle Dell (Sheene?) and then the entry into Clearways is awesome! Fast and tricky, the way it should be. The Indy circuit is fine for club racing. Anything else should be the Gp circuit.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

brands bsb

my suggestion for a link was as an alternative to the indy circuit no way would i want the gp track not used again .

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices