Skip to content

Discuss This British Superbikes to race at Assen in 2012 British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > British Superbikes to race at Assen in 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

British Superbikes to race at Assen in 2012

The 2012 MCE Insurance BSB calendar has been announced today (Monday) by series promoters MSVR and will incorporate a round of the championship at Assen, Holland for the first time in the history of the series. A field of 32 riders and 16 Elite teams representing six manufacturers conforming to brand new, ground breaking technical regulations will contest a new look...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 November 2011 14:40)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FADM

Dec 10

FADM says:

Shot themselves in the Assen

I can only agree with other comments. Its the BRITISH Superbike championship. With the ever increasing costs of travel and getting the weekend pass from she who must be obeyed, the word foot,shot,in, themselves comes to mind. Would not be so bad if it was not one of the 'play off' rounds, why not a second round at Donny. OK its still an arse of a track for facilities, but its central for most of the UK and not bad road access via motorways etc. I live only 40mins from Brands and I still rate the GP circuit, but three meetings ? bit of overkill. Who will be making the money from Assen?

Reply to this Topic
bluebottle2

Nov 07

bluebottle2 says:

W T F

Typical knobs, bollocks to us ,will just have to watch it on the box and keep me money. British my Arse.

Reply to this Topic
andywhit

Aug 10

andywhit says:

BSB Croft 2012

I posted the comment below on the Croft Facebook page on the 23 November.

"Why is there no BSB at Croft in 2012? I have always adjusted my diary and made the effort to attend the BSB meeting at Croft, as have many others, as we all want to support top class motor sport, especially m-bikes in the real north of England. It appears our efforts have been in vain. WHY?"

Croft Circuit have yet to comment on why there is no BSB at Croft in 2012. Are Croft Circuit going to explain why there is no BSB at Croft in 2012, or can we assume that you no longer have any interest in our custom? If that's the case goodbye!

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

WHAT

BRANDSDUCH SUPERBIKES! Even though my local circuit is on the line up, it's not right. Brands is the second nearest and I don't want to go there 3 times. It's not right. What a waste of BRITISH entertainment. :mad:

Thank god for SKY TV:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ijpain002

Jan 05

ijpain002 says:

round at assen

just got back off holiday and thought i must have come down into another universe . printed off my calender for 2012 and could not believe my eyes one round at assen . sorry i didnt realise that holland was now part of the british isles when did we invade them. they certainly kept that out of the world news.now let me see if ive got this straight the country is in the worst state it has ever been with people loosing jobs right left and centre , tax payers having to help the poor bankers out of the mess they got us in .team owners and various officials of the racing world trying to save costs by altering the structure of the bikes to allow other teams in who donot have massive budgets to enter and swell the bikes on the grid. now let me think?????? what other cost saving can we do to help the strugling public to be able to see their beloved racing and to get younger members of their family interested for the future. i know what lets put on a round in assen brilliant lets see thats cost of the tickets,times 4 cost of the ferry times 4, cost of the accommodation times 4. now thats the way to make sure that ordinary people of this country who cant afford inflated formula 1 tickets get to watch some of the most exciting racing they are ever going to see . that last race at brands with hopper and hill was just amazing i was on the edge of my seat;llllll. lets get back to grass roots and keep british racing for the british public who have been there through thick and thin and not let it be taken over by big business who frankly have made a right cock up off this country in general and it being the ordinary person in the street who is paying for it.s mistakes. GIVE US BACK OUR RACING and a bit more fairness as well GIVE THE NORTH AND WALES AND IRELAND the opportunity to see this brilliant ,amazing championship for themselves . Well hope someone will please hear my pleas. julie wife,mother and grandmother and supporter of bike racing for many years.

Reply to this Topic
northernbloke

Nov 11

BSB?

As a final note on this sorry affair, the comments made in MCN from a representative of the BSB organisers say's it all, 'the ticket price will remain the same,  but we have done special deals? to get fans there', whats the deals and who benefits? I didn't think it was done for the fans that a round was being run at Assen and as for the explanation given that this is being done for financial reasons, but for the benefit of who.

Reply to this Topic
trevor.cummings

Nov 07

MSVR ! BSB Calendar

Its great in one way that BSB is expanding into europe but perhaps they need to change the name.

The clues in the title Jonathon!

Some folk here can't afford to go to home races never mind travel to Holland or to 3 rounds of Brandshatch.Give it up....

Don't get me wrong I love Assen, but do I go to one race there, or may three home races!!

Change the name Mr Palmer to msvr-euro-bh-bsb***:mad:

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

No one has to go ?

I often communicate with Stuart Hicks and give feed back on what i and my friend's think of BSB and he is a extremely nice chap who shows a interest in the fans views as does J Palmer who always reply's to any E mail i send him but the series must be economically viable ! coincidently it was Assen that approached MSV saying they wanted a round of BSB if possible and at croft last year it was riddled with legal clauses due to a serious legal dispute between the owner and his ex wife ( i believe) who was a part owner. No morning practice no speakers or pa in the morning and all races finished by 5 or 5.30 and no camping at the circuit. It has just become unviable and sadly i suppose the circuit will close eventually ! sad that as I've rode it many times and its a great track but if it don't pay it cant stay and Assen will be well supported by the European's as i have a friend from Germany who attends most British rounds of the BSB  and the interest in France and Holland is very high as well and if it brings in the big sponsors who pay towards our sport we are all winners (me thinks any way !!!!!) and the Dutch are great people to spend a weekend with as well?

Reply to this Topic
northernbloke

Nov 11

ASSEN again and again!

Oh how naive, please don't take this the wrong way but do you work for MSV, you talk about big money sponsors, where? There's a lack of sponsors now, each season more teams are struggling for cash, just like the rest of the population, you only have to look at Yamaha (both WSB and GP) where's their sponsors. If the kind folk of europe want to see bike racing let them support their national series as we all support ours. Yes our national series and no I'm not one of these nationalistic inward thinking people, but in these days of cuts, pay freezes and job losses, MSV should look after their own as one day the attitude of 'so what' will come back and bite them. As the previous contributor wrote, 1 outing to Assen or 3 at home, doesn't take much maths to work that one out. Anyway I think i'll spend my hard earned supporting a local club and go to Olivers Mount, Scarborough a few times this year, proper racing!

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Big Money sponsor ?

i dont work for MSV but go to race meets nearly every weekend somewhere in the uk or europe during the season including Olivers Mount and chimay etc but if you dont hold a meeting you wont stand a chance of attracting a sponsor ? no one will sponsor a empty track ?

if by holding a BSB meeting at Assen it attracts a sponsor any sponsor to a brilliant championship it will have been worth it

NO one has to go !!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle