Skip to content

Discuss This Roland Sands 'Dirty Desmo': des-irable or des-ecration? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Roland Sands 'Dirty Desmo': des-irable or des-ecration?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Roland Sands 'Dirty Desmo': des-irable or des-ecration?

Roland Sands recently took the brave/insane decision to accept a commission to streetfighter a Desmsedici RR. Or dirt tracker-it anyway, as is their wont where he lives. There's no doubting the size of the cahunas required to take the angle-grider to a MotoGP rep, and equally to ride the 200bhp mutant. But was it the right thing to do? Is the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 November 2011 09:43)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
humanoid1989

Feb 09

humanoid1989 says:

Its a grower

You know what, i voted desecration and i winced when the angle grinder was wielded. I thought 'Why' the man should be hung for crimes against motorcycling! Then i watched the video- and that bike looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Maybe Ducati should make one. But one that we can afford to buy!

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Another fantastic design from Roland Sands,the guys a genius,what a bike & unlike 99% of other 'custom' bikes it's useable.

Reply to this Topic
itrackday

Feb 04

itrackday says:

Love it!

As usual, a fantastic job by Roland Sands. Now there's a bike to put a smile on your face, as well as a whole host of other expressions!

Reply to this Topic
timowers

Jan 10

timowers says:

Des-ecration

Roland Sands is now a candidate to be hung, drawn and quartered. Go ahead and build a bike from broken and smashed donors, but to do that to a living breathing Desmosedici RR is just sacrilege.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

RSD

Knows his stuff.

As for the sacralige? Come on! Desmosedici was just for the showoffs, a heartbeat later the 1198 comes along and outperforms it by every measure for 1/3 of the price. Ducati killed it all by themselves. But then, wasn't the point just to have a GP replica for the uber-rich? And if so, a one-off streetfighter with both custom and performace cred must be even better still?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

NO

NEED

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

My perfect bike.

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

YES!

I couldn't afford one though!

Reply to this Topic
flungo

May 06

flungo says:

Roland Sands 'Dirty Desmo'

You mean the size of "cojones" required?

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

nice but why

I think it looks great, the execution of what he has done is great but I think you could get the same results without ruining a perfectly desirable exotic dream bike using a comon place motor. Although both bikes are chalk and cheese given the choice of the Roland Sands creation or the Desmosedeci I would take the Desmo every time. The other thing worth mentioning is when Ducati make a bike it is done using a very high level of manufacturing expertise, engineering, road testing, stress testing, CAD and in the presence of a 200bhp+ moto gp monster motor it worries me that the components are not as well tested or suitable like the single sided swing arm. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices