Skip to content

Discuss This Roland Sands 'Dirty Desmo': des-irable or des-ecration? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Roland Sands 'Dirty Desmo': des-irable or des-ecration?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Roland Sands 'Dirty Desmo': des-irable or des-ecration?

Roland Sands recently took the brave/insane decision to accept a commission to streetfighter a Desmsedici RR. Or dirt tracker-it anyway, as is their wont where he lives. There's no doubting the size of the cahunas required to take the angle-grider to a MotoGP rep, and equally to ride the 200bhp mutant. But was it the right thing to do? Is the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 November 2011 09:43)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

they never

posted any lap times around a flat track, if it gets its ass whooped by stock bikes around a flat track it will just look really stupid.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I'd love to ride one of these. Never would have gut the bike like that, but for someone with more money that then can spend, nice project.

Reply to this Topic
DOCTIRED

Oct 06

DOCTIRED says:

Oh Well...........................

I suppose somebody had to do it........... It's a bit like over-treating a beautiful woman with plastic surgery. Liberty, equality, absurdity.

I defend to the death their right to do it but I wouidn't do it.

when you've finished testing it I should like to ride it just to check my feelings are justified,,,,

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEase.........................................

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I know one or two people will gush over anything RS does but this is the 'Emperors new clothes' What a waste of a good bike (and engine), a Desmsedici engine has no aesthetic qualities whatsoever.

Reply to this Topic
mcernicky

Jan 11

mcernicky says:

Dirt Duc

This bike is AWESOME! to ride, and sound blurs vision. Track condition was complete crap, made it very hard to deal with but the street; comfortable, crushing appeal. And yes of course its converssion version is big deal who could afford such  Opulence? Not ME! But I did enjy the time me and DD spent together.   

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Once again.......

.........Roland Sands has butchered up another nice bike.  His talent is limited and results always predictable.

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

Why?

Its confirned: Roland Sands need locking up!! (for his own safety.....and to prevent him from ruining any other iconic bikes)

Reply to this Topic
adriangrandmaster

Oct 10

waste

what a waste of time money and a perfectly good motorbike just what is wrong with the man?

Reply to this Topic
ducmonster696

Nov 11

Horrible

I can't believe Ducati didn't send out an assassin for this guy. Why would you take the BEST bike in the world and cut it up. If you wanna build a fast dirt track bike, yank the motor out of an R1 or something. If all you wanted was the motor, try and build one yourself don't take the opportunity of owning a dream away from someone. That bike is useless on the track anyway, the power is completely a waste. Also, if all you wanna do is go drift your bike on the street go buy a yz250 and never touch such an awesome machine again!

Reply to this Topic
hoon

Jan 05

hoon says:

waste

what a waste of a perfectly good desmo ...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices